First Review by alibaum

HUGE burgers - Edit

We ordered dinner from Mantra after being told the area isn't very safe at night so they only offer delivery. They delivered within the estimated time (about an hour). The burgers were HUGE, we got the Shiva Burger (Burger with carrot and peanut sauce of dried tomatoes) and the SHAKTI
Burger (chickpeas with grilled zucchini and vegan barbecue sauce) which was one of the specials that night. They were both great but I liked the Shiva burger better. We ordered Maha (large?) and it was a lot of food. I thought I could only eat 1/2 but then it was so good I managed to eat a whole burger. We also had a chocolate cupcake they gave us another dessert (a torte?) for free, both were pretty good but the torte was better. I would highly recommend this place

Pros: food was delicious, reasonably priced for the amount of food, They were very friendly on the phone

Excelente vegano! - Edit

Nos alegra muito ver Porto Alegre suportando o veganismo, com restaurantes de alta qualidade como o Mantra. Em passagem pela cidade, fazendo uma tour pelos restaurantes veganos, fomos super bem recebidos pelo Anderson, que nos explicou tudo sobre a comida, a historia do restaurante e outras atividades que promovem. A comida sempre deliciosa, as três vezes que fomos durante nossa estada. Comida indiana não super apimentada. O menu muda todo dia. Imperdível!

Very happy to see Porto Alegre embracing veganism, a city traditionally so attached to meat. This is a high quality restaurant. During our stay in the city, we were fortunate to find Mantra. We were welcomed by Anderson, the restaurant manager who explained all about the food, the history of the restaurant and other activities they promote. The food was always delicious, the three times we went there. Indian food not ultra spicy. Menu changes daily. Don't miss it!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 14, 2014

Pros: Excellent, good value, tasty food, Ambience, Friendly staff

Excellent meal - Edit

More gourmet vegan than traditional Indian in style, although the Indian influence can be tasted and seen in the deco. Mantra is a charming, lovely place to eat, the food was delicious, (entree, main, dessert) unlimited refills (except for the desert), fresh juice included. The staff were kind, generous and completely at our service. I wholly recommend it, and it is just a couple of streets away from a beautiful tree lined street well worth walking down.
Mantra also has a little shop selling Indian clothes, perfumes, incense, nik-naks... and is attached to a yoga school.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 09, 2011

Pros: delicious food, inexpensive, charming

Tudo muito bom! - Edit

Desde o ambiente até a comida, tudo é muito gostoso, no Mantra.
Os pratos sao prontinhos e depois voca pode escolher o que quer repetir.
O atendimento é bom e o pessoal da casa é muito querido e esforado...

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Return to Porto Alegre Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mantra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1025 times since Aug 2007.