Maiz, Canela and Cilantro

999-923-3424

Calle 70 464, Merida, Mexico

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Mexican restaurant, close to center, open for breakfast and lunch only. Set menu. Has a new vegetarian meal daily; vegans please inquire. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm, Sat 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Shan-Shan

Best breakfast! - Edit

This place feels like eating in someone’s house. It’s bright, homely and friendly. You can see right through to the colourful kitchen and there is a gorgeous little courtyard to sit in too. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating to our vegan needs.
Now to the food: absolutely hands down the best breakfast we’ve had so far in Mexico (including fancy hotels). We had the fruit bowl (without yogurt) and whole wheat banana pancakes. They made them vegan especially for us and they were delicious and gooey. There is a coffee bar inside the restaurant as well and their espresso is strong and fragrant. Definitely recommend this place. Will come bask for breakfast and try it for lunch as well.

Ps they have cats!

Delicious lunch - Edit

(I would have given this 5 star but the max rating for a non veg restaurant is 4 stars!)

Dec 2016: Restaurant is a semi open air, colourful and clean restaurant with local artists' work displayed. The server spoke only Spanish but was patient with my rudimentary Spanish. With my sister translating, I was assured my meal contained no animal products. I had a vegetable soup followed by a veg mole with rice and salad, and a fresh squeezed papaya juice (requested without added sugar) and a good coffee.

Pros: tasty food, inexpensive , good service (in Spanish only in Dec 2016)

Return to Merida Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Maiz, Canela and Cilantro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.