Madison Market Central Co-op

• Health Store
Contact 206-329-1545

1600 E Madison (at 16th Ave E, Capitol Hill district), Seattle, Washington, USA, 98112

Certified organic, natural foods cooperative emphasizing bulk whole foods, organic foods, local produce, special diets needs foods including raw & vegan, quality nutritional supplements, and locally crafted products.

First Review by

Nice Store - Edit

I really like this store. It reminds me of home (Oregon). I'm a member here, although I'm not sure what that gets me. They have plenty of vegan foods, including kimchee!!! When comparing organic apples to organic apples, the prices are similar to QFC down the road, and better than Whole Foods. And if you catch specialty vegan items on sale, it's usually a great deal.

Pros: Many Vegan Choices, Sales, Bulk Bins

nice folks - Edit

I think this place is a bit odd. They want $60 to join. They have some super nice folks up front. They are expensive. They did honor a different co-op, which is cool since their deal was out of whack. I suppose I will go here only when I am in the area and in need, not for long term shopping.

Pros: nice folks

Cons: spendy, odd rules

MadMarket makes me happy - Edit

I live nearby, so my household shops there often. Bulk goods are bountiful, organic veggie selection is consistently good, and they have a large selection of nondairy ice creams (try the WholeSoy Chocolate - simple and yummy). There is a deli counter, but I don't spend much time there. My roommate reminds me that there is a good selection of int'l dairy cheeses and meats, but I ignore them because they are not food :) .

They are what they are, and that includes being a store on Capitol Hill, which is expensive. I wish their prices could be closer to what I think they should be, but there is always a premium for convenience, quality, and organic farming methods. We often buy bulk, and love the gallon of agave nectar we get once or twice a year.

Bus numbers 10, 11, and 12 stop outside; 8 and 43 stop nearby.

Pros: easy to get to, friendly staff

Cons: member prices are the same as regular..., except twice a month on "member days"

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madison Market Central Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 818 times since Aug 2007.