First Review by

Fantastic! - Edit

This is the best Indian food in Boise, and maybe in the Northwest. The lunch buffet is always excellent with lots of variety, and the quality of the food is fantastic! The service is friendly and the place is clean and well-run. We eat there at least twenty four times per year and have been doing this for several years.

Unsure about vegan options - Edit

When I visited madhuban, the waiter seemed very accomodating, although not very knowledgeable about vegan options. He eventually was able to provide me a few dairy free options. However, when he delivered my food, he asked if I was allergic or if this was an ethical choice... I feel like this was an odd question, and was wondering if my food actually was vegan. I don't think I will return there.

Pros: good food, decent service

Cons: not knowledgeable

Great Food - Edit

The food here is great. They tend to get busy, so get there early. The waiters/waitresses do not always know if there is dairy in some of the dishes and didn't seem too accommodating when asked if they could subsitute coconut milk instead, but all in all, the food is great.

Pros: Really good food, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Crowded, Vegan choices not labeled, Substitutions not always easily made

OK, but not stellar - Edit

Food was tasty. Service...well they were busy. Food not clearly labeled vegan/vege or not...and becuase they were busy I couldn't ask so I was limited on buffet choices.

Pros: good value, tasty food

Cons: short staffed, not labeled clearly

buffet is only during lunch - Edit

I was visiting family in Boise and had read the previous reviews before going to try and find some suitable places to eat. I typically eat raw, but knew I would have to eat vegan/vegetarian for the weekend. I was disappointed that the buffet is only for lunch time. I ended up eating Korma and some garbanzo bean dish that was really good.

Pros: service, price

Awesome Indian food! - Edit

This place is fantastic and really accommodating. Everything is made fresh, so you can get naan without butter, etc. There are a lot of veggie/vegan options and it's well worth the wait (usually about 30 minutes).

Pros: lots of options, delicious, friendly atmosphere

Cons: small dining area, longish wait

Mad about Madhuban! - Edit

Lovely buffet and wonderful friendly service! All items in buffet are clearly labeled and it is very easy to find veg-friendly items (over 1/2 on the buffet line). Been in Boise one year and this is by farmy favorite restaurant. Affordable buffet in strip mall surroundings. Fun music and friendly waiter (Jittar!) makes up for any lack of ambience. Give it a try. I'm hooked! Wonderful variety of dishes, cold beers available. Worth the drive.

Pros: variety of veg items, condiments!, friendly staff

Best Indian food in Boise - Edit

Cheap, Best Indian food in Boise. Lots of choice.

Pros: Taste, Authentic, Variety

Return to Boise Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Madhuban Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1812 times since Aug 2007.