First Review by coreysafina

Quick Place to Grab a Burrito - Edit

I don't think their burritos are great, but the service was good and fast. They just lack flavor. They need to add some spices to their ingredients. Sprinkle a little cumin in there or something.
I don't know how they stay in business because there's never anyone in there. It's Chipotle style where you pick what you want on it and they make it in front of you. They do offer a vegan crumble as a choice. I think they have vegan sour cream too.
It's not bad, but I only go there when I don't feel like going all the way to Ghent for Chipotle or Pelon's which have far superior burritos.
Still, I'm glad it's there.

Pros: Fast, Veg crumbles available

Cons: not very flavorful

great burritos - Edit

My boyfriend and I have been to the York St. Machismo many times, and the Va. Beach location once. We have always found the servers to be pretty careful with utensils and keeping the veg items from being contaminated. The burritos are made on an open line where you can see what the staff are putting into the tortilla. You get to ask for whatever you want, including vegen sour cream and vegan cheese. I do take their word for it that these are vegan ingredients. The service has always been good, when I have been there (at night and usually on weekends or holidays, because I live about fifteen miles away). Until recently, I ate dairy, but I ordered vegan to allow the boyfriend to share. They offer lots of regular veggie toppings as well as the Boca grounds.

People should be alert to the construction around York street for the light rail. Call ahead to see if Machismo's York St. location is open, or try the Va. Beach one.

Pros: vegan options, large portions, tasty food

Cons: parking, limited seating

AMAZING - Edit

Scrumptious, healthy, to die for burritos! amazingly yummy and so many vegan options. the enchilada sauce is amazing. as is the vegan sour cream and homemade guacamole!!!!! great prices

Pros: HUGE burritos, good prices, yummy vegan stuff

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Machismo Burrito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1633 times since Aug 2007.