CLOSED: m henry

• Veg-friendly

Contact 773-561-1600

5707 N Clark (at W Hollywood Ave), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60660

Serves meat, vegan options available. This cozy restaurant/bakery offers close to 40% vegan options, including the vegan epiphany and many others. FEB 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Vegan Epiphany!!! - Edit

I just had a vegan epiphany! And let me tell you, it was pretty amazing...

M. Henry, which seems to always have a 30 minute wait, is located in the trendy Andersonville area. I was the only vegan in the group yesterday, so this place was a perfect compromise between all four of us, as everyone loved their meal. There is one item on the menu clearly marked as vegan (vegan epiphany), but almost any egg entrée can be made with tofu instead - there were also other vegetarian things listed on the menu.

I heard a lot about the vegan epiphany, so I thought I'd have one myself. It's basically a tofu scramble that comes with potatoes and yuba (tofu skin - not very good). The entrée was also presented nicely with mango and orange slices on the side, overall my meal was pretty and it tasted really good. The tofu scramble was cooked and spiced perfectly, it was one of the better tofu scrambles I've had in town. My friends loved their meals too and I image we'll all go back soon. M. Henry is definitely worth the 30 minute wait.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: m henry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 958 times since Jul 2010.