Loving Hut

Contact 909-982-3882

903 W Foothill Blvd Ste B (at Sprouts Market shopping plaza), Upland, California, USA, 91786-3723

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serves all vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Each location is individual family owned. This one is small and casual, order at the counter. The menu features American classics like veggie burgers and tacos in addition to some Asian dishes like noodles. Was originally Veggie Ear, different owner. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by spidey

ALWAYS THE BEST !!!! - Edit

You feel in home when you are in this LOVING HUT so if you want to try vegan AMAIZING food go there , and try SPICY LADY AND BEEF BRÓCOLI AND OF COURSE ALFREDO PASTA !!!! I go a lot so ENJOY you are on good hands

Did I order the wrong dishes? - Edit

Saw this on Happycow and stopped in for lunch with friends. Here's my Upland Loving Hut review.

The place is small and dimly lit. You order at the counter. Menu is a mix of everything, from Asian to American.

My friends and I share the chow mein (salty, no veggies); a spicy Vietnamese noodle soup (salty tofu, hard noodles, no veggies); a veggie burger (ok).

Overall, I would not order those items again. Next time I come back I would order the American food like the tacos or sandwiches and stay away from the Asian style stuff -- seems like the kitchen staff does NOT know how to make proper Asian food.

In any case, I am glad this place is all-vegan.

Pros: friendly, fast, all-vegan

Cons: the Asian dishes

Good Food with Great Specials - Edit

The main menu was handed to us, but my group all ordered from the "specials" board. The food was great, and for 2/3s of us came out fast. However, my friend's dish was delayed (they served him his garlic bread, but forgot the main course- pasta alfredo.) We had to ask what was going on with his dish, as the rest of us finished and his food was still not out. They were very apologetic and got his food out fast after.

Though the service was hit or miss, I would definitely return to try other food, since all the dishes we ordered (even the late dish) tasted great.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-04

Pros: Variety, Fast Service, Nice Staff

Cons: Forgot One Order, Atmosphere Plain

Fast Service - Edit

The food is tasty and service is fast. The food was a little cold, but everything else was fine. The prices are perfect and I recommend for anyone. The bacon burger is tasty and the rose tea is magical. They also had soy turkey for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-30

Pros: fast service, tasty food

Cons: cold food

Nice! - Edit

I really enjoyed the tacos! Affordable! Friendly staff.
Overall, I had a pleasant experience here. Thanks guys!
Updated from previous review on Monday February 01, 2016

Pros: Friendly staff , Affordable, Many options

Something For Everyone - Edit

This is a 5-star place because you can get a delicious meal without the animal cruelty. I loved the jackfruit tacos and the cookies! There's lots of gluten free options, too!

Pros: vegan, gluten free, quick service

Good food and accessible - Edit

A cozy little place with a diverse menu. I had the savory orange pinapple entree, which was satisfying and almost indistinguishable from a serving of orange chicken at a typical Chinese takeout restaurant. The jackfruit carnitas tacos, wings fries, and fried rice were all on point. However the real stars were the freshly baked almond shortcake cookies! I am also happy to report that the future MIL (non-vegan) approved! Great spot for someone new to vegan food to wet their feet. :)

Honest, Simple, Fresh - Edit

Stopped by for the Mongolian Delight and it was fantastic. The food was fresh and flavorful at a reasonable price. Just as important was the atmosphere. I am plant based, but my wife isn't quite there yet 100%. An issue we always run in to is the holier than thou attitude that can be found in many vegan establishments...didn't see that here though. Staff seemed friendly, ambiance is simple and relaxing. Next time we are in the area we will definitely stop by again.

Pros: taste, selection, staff

OK - Edit

The menu is diverse, so there's plenty of variety and probably something that will appeal to everyone, but it may take a few tries to find your favorites. I had the jackfruit carnitas tacos, which were pretty good, and the veggie pancake, which was not to my taste.

Service was OK, though i felt for them as they didn't seem particularly happy.

Prices are reasonable and parking is ample.

Had to go back again for their desserts - Edit

It was a little hard to find, but once we found it we were pretty impressed. We had the veggie pancake appetizer and it was bursting with flavor. We almost ordered another one! We had the sweet potato prawns, but read the menu wrong and weren't expecting fried vegan shrimp. I still enjoyed it though, even though I don't usually like fake meat. The side veggies on the dish were delicious. We had tirimasu for dessert. It didn't taste exactly like tiramasu, but it was still wonderful. We came back the next day to get another slice and some cookies.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 07, 2011

good tasting vegan food - Edit

I should start by saying that I am not a vegan or vegetarian;however, I have started to contemplate becoming one. I have introduced the idea to my family, too.
I had the sautéed skewers with brown rice. I thought the food tasted great. My kids liked the food they had too.
The place is clean, although small and one also has to order at the counter.
The portions seamed small. I would come back to this place.

Pros: food tasted good. , fast service( once order is placed)

Cons: place is small. , portions are small

Needs Music !:) - Edit

My fiance and I came here starving after a long morning. Food took long due to the ovens that had to be warmed up. It's was delicious and worth the wait tho. I do think this place need music! We were trying to enjoy our meal but we kept hearing people flush the toilet..and the man who waited on us arguing on the phone with bill collectors! !! That's a huge no for me!

Pros: Food, Optipns

Cons: Host Arguing On The Phone With Bill Collectors, Hearing Toilet Flushing

always a favorite - Edit

I love that the menu is different at each Loving Hut. The menu at this location is quite extensive and a little overwhelming. You find yourself wanting to try everything. They sell some grocery items at this location, too. The food was tasty (as usual) but I was really shocked to see mozzarella sticks on the menu. Big bonus points for an item I haven't been able to enjoy for years (since I went vegan). Also shocked to not have the propaganda of the Supreme Master playing in the background.

Pros: big variety

Cons: pricier than some other locations

My First Time Eating @loving Hut - Edit

I am a new vegan and was kind of scared to venture out and try new things, but I found happy cow and read all the reviews for the loving. Hut and I decided to try it....Well i tried the spring rolls and the fried rice and the peking bbq and it was delicious. I will return to taste their veggie burger. So far so good...Thanks Happy Cow

Pros: Good Food

Cons: Small Portions

Best Loving Hut around! - Edit

I remember when this place was known as Veggie Era. When it changed to Loving Hut I was a little nervous as I hadn't enjoyed many Loving Huts around the Orange County area. Luckily it was still the same staff, they are all really nice and helpful! Another good thing was that the menu remained mostly the same. By far my favorite Loving Hut to visit! It is a little crowded at times so we mainly et it to-go. Everything we've tried has been delicious, from the garden veggie chow mein to the loving burger. It is also fairly priced!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: can feel crowded & small

Return to Upland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.