Loving Hut - Houston

Contact 281-531-8882

2825 S Kirkwood Rd Ste 100, Houston, Texas, USA, 77082

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serves vegan food and non-alcoholic beverages. Bright, modern Asian decor with windows. Has parking. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Vegan Gal

Favorite restaurant - Edit

I haven't explored many vegan places but this is my go to. Let's just say I drive almost 40 minutes just for their food & I don't mind one bit. My favorite is the loving Hut burger.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Reasonable prices, Have vegan products to buy.

Cons: Only one restaurant around

I like this place - Edit

Vegan asian food. Moderately priced and all vegan. My omni sister loves the pho here and likes it better than most other places in Houston. I like the pho but personally prefer it without the soy protein beef. The flavor of the beef is there but the texture is nothing like real beef and turns me off a bit. Vermicelli bowl is pretty good but a little bland.

As an appetizer, I recommend the golden rolls. I ordered a chocolate cake which was just okay - too much coconut flavor for me. Also got an Iced Mumbai Tea which is spicier than other ones I've tried. Not the best, I will try the thai tea next time.

A lot of things are hit and miss but if you want somewhere to go without worrying about what's vegan and what's not, try this place out. Nothing is particularly amazing or stands out but it is worth a visit. I should mention they have vegan "propaganda" pasted everywhere. Not bad but may be weird to some.

Check out groupon because they usually have a deal on there.

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-13

Pros: Nice staff, Groupon

Delicious!! - Edit

I wish I lived closer to this place because the food is amazing & it's not extremely expensive, I love the vegan facts they have posted around the restaurant & the staff is friendly too, the chocolate cake is my favorite here

Pros: Amazing food

Cons: Remote

All vegan, very tasty - Edit

I would come to Loving Hut at least once a week when I worked in west Houston. Since then, it is too far me to travel. I really enjoy the Saigon Crispy tofu, Noble Broccoli, BBQ Vermicelli bowl. Their "American" section of the menu is not as good as their other options. Tasty, fast, inexpensive...but sometimes greasy/unhealthy.

Pros: Fast, Inexpensive, Excellent food

Good - Edit

It was good. I don't like how the meals are laid out. I wish the "meat" came on the rice instead of having to order both. It was still very good and I liked the layout of the place. I didn't like that none of the tables were clean when we were there. Literally every table had old food and plates left behind and we had to wait. Other than that it was good

Love Loving Hut - Edit

I'd eat here daily if it weren't more than 40 miles each way from my home, through heavy traffic. 100% vegan, pleasant atmosphere, soothing decor... Delicious, filling, well seasoned food complimented by friendly, knowledgeable staff. Part of the international chain of Loving Huts, I seek them out while traveling and have never been disappointed.
Still Houston location is my favorite; you always remember your first, right?
Features daily lunch specials, Monday-Thursday, 11am-3pm, rotating among menu items, for less than $10.
Extensive menu of vegan options. Uses non-gmo soy. Many dishes can be made soy free. Hot and cold beverages, mock-tails.
Desserts include a silky vegan flan, various cakes: banana, chocolate, carrot and cheese cake.
My favorites: Arigato sushi, spring rolls, barbeque rolls, guru fried rice & their signature Spicy Cha Cha.
Each Loving Hut has slightly different menu, & standards might be a little differently spiced depending on location. Still, good food, good people, good service, good prices..

Pros: 100% vegan, Inexpensive, Knowledgeable friendly staff

Cons: Distance from my home, Busy street

Delicious food - Edit

This restaurant is completely vegan. It has a nice atmosphere. So far none of the dishes that I have tried have NOT disappointed. Keep in mind some of the items have quite a bit of oil. Nonetheless they do include plenty of veggies. I'm not a big fan of mock meet but this place prepare did very well. Their drinks are great, my favorite is the Thai tea.

Pros: Vegan, Cruelty free

Love this place! - Edit

This place is delicious. It was the first vegan restraint I went to so I was overwhelmed with options! So many good things to choose from :)
I HIGHLY recommend the Hawaiian hibiscus tea, the wontons and the BBQ burger.(More like a teriyaki burger but the pineapple and mushroom... delicious!) But you really can't go wrong.

Good variety and tasty dishes! - Edit

The menu here is pretty varied and has a great value. There is something for everyone and I haven't had a bad dish yet. Staff is friendly and the atmosphere is laid back and relaxing.

The last time we were here, a friend got the curry and it came out in a huge bowl! The chow mein and spicy kung pao are pretty yummy. Can't wait to try more dishes.

Pros: Good Variety, Great Value, Friendly Atmosphere

awesome Chinese dishes! - Edit

We got 3 or 4 different Chinese-style dishes with tofu and vegetables, and they were all really good. The sweet and sour tofu was the best I've had anywhere and seemed a lot healthier than at a typical Chinese restaurant. They also have surprisingly good desserts. Plus, they are VEGAN!

Pros: vegan, sweet and sour tofu, desserts

Cons: really far from downtown Houston

Disappointed - Edit

We have been to several Loving Huts in Asia and Europe. Two weeks ago, we went to the one in Dallas and we loved it. So now that we are in Houston visiting my aunt, we went there with her (she is not a vegetarian nor a vegan).
In this restaurant, you have to go to the counter to order, which is different from all the Loving Huts we have been to. We ordered 4 dishes (all Asian food, also with faux meat). They were all not that great or tasty. Not at all comparable with the Dallas place. We were very disappointed, especially as we took my aunt there to show her vegan food.

Pros: All vegan , Parking

Cons: Food not tasty, No real service

Tasty Food - Edit

We have been to Loving Hut several times and have enjoyed it each time. This was one of the many vegan restaurants we frequented this summer with our kids. We especially enjoyed the Hawaiian burger and the pho soup. Also, the vegetable chow foon noodle dish was very tasty. I don't like the fake meats so much, but the flavors are very good. We highly recommend it.

Pros: Tasty, Fresh, Many Options

Cons: Only One In Houston

Incredible good soy meats - Edit

My husband I are vegan and this place is close to our offices. We go there at least once a week for lunch. The restaurant is all vegan and very eco-friendly. I like that they try to minimize their footprint. They are really good in their soy meats.
I love the food there, but I would call it 'comfort food'. Health wise I might not be able to survive eating here on a daily basis, since the base of the dishes are not too rich in vegetables, grains or beans. I think I must have tried every dish on the menu by now and all of them taste very good to me. Even carnivore friends are willing to join us for lunch here once in a while.

I like that they offer fresh pressed juices and brown rice. Since the management changed this year (2013), the service is much faster. That was previously a reason for us not being able to make it over lunch. Currently it is not a problem at all.

This restaurant belongs to a chain and they play some obscure speeches of the 'supreme master'on TV all the time. I find that rather weird, but I do not have to pay attention to it and it’s all good.

Food wise and service wise, this place has always been excellent.

Pros: great fake meat replacements, eco-friendly, very friendly staff

Cons: could have more healthy foods, could offer more than just soy milk

simple and clean - Edit

Was traveling through Houston and this popped up.
It's very clean, no traffic and has a bright atmosphere.
I ordered the Rainbow Salad which looked great on the menu. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the description or the picture. It's mostly iceberg lettuce with a small amount of the other ingredients (red cabbage, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, bell pepper, carrots) mixed together with a soy patty on top.
The Golden Wanton appetizer was tasty, but on their own (skip the sauce).
It seems like they specialize in soy meats (which fill the menu), which is great, but not if you are looking to keep it light.
I'll try it again, but wouldn't recommend it until then.

Pros: clean, alt-meats

Cons: no light dishes

Devine - Edit

I am enjoying another wonderful meal. I love that everything is vegan and I don't have to make special request. Thanks Loving Hut!!

Pros: taste, vegan, friendly

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Houston closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.