CLOSED: Loving Hut - Busanjin

Contact +82-51-8087718

197- 1 Busanjin-Gu, Bujeon-Dong, Busan, South Korea,

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving food, coffee, organic soy milk and cookies, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Menu price range from 1500 won to 9000 won. Has Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, Western, Asian, Korean

First Review by everylife

quite good indeed - Edit

The location shown on the map is slightly misleading. It's on the south side of the block, not on the east side as I had expected.

Pros: central location, friendly staff

Cons: sometimes a but bland , a bit too much of a fast food feel

Best Vegan Food in Busan - Edit

Directions: From subway walk through the Daehyun Primall until the end. Take stairs to left of Basic House. Walk straight and take first left. Loving Hut will be on your left on that block.
Loving Hut in Seomyeon is the best vegan food in Busan and thee are dishes that could compete with Portland, OR food. My top recommendations are the Spicy Wheat Protein Stew (amazing, delicious), the Jajang-Myeon (didn't like it first try, now addicted), the Golden Cutlet or Nuggets (when you want a meat substitute) and the Ssambap. My husband swears by Tender Bites, though. I don't recommend the spaghetti, the non-spicy stew, or the "burritos" which are not burritos. The Happy Burger pleases some and offends others. Don't forget to try your side dishes and eat your kimchi. And the seaweed soup may be an acquired taste, but it's worth acquiring. I'm even starting to like the weird brown soup.
A lot of what makes Loving Hut great is the staff, however. Everyone in front speaks a little English and some quite a lot. They are always friendly and helpful. And they really live the vegan philosophy, so much so that when my husband and I found an injured pigeon in January 2010 we came and asked where we could take it in Busan and they surprised us by offering to take him in themselves. One of the employees adopted him and named him Saehae (or New Year). For a while he hung out in the counter area, but now he stays home. There have also been kittens wandering the restroom/front area from time to time. If you're concerned about sanitation, I haven't seen any animals lately, but I find it encouraging to know that the people at Loving Hut care as much as I do about animals.
Service is fast and friendly. If something is amiss with your order or you need something extra, just ask. The ice cream is pretty good, the beverages all delicious, and sometimes there is cake made at the restaurant (not the cake from Seoul - that cake's okay, but if there's fresher looking cake on the 3rd shelf, get that. You can also order a whole vegan cake for a birthday, as we did for mine this year. AMAZING!)
There are also a lot of great products for sale, including Nuttelex, the only vegan margarine I've found in Korea and lots of ramyun (as we call it here).
Some people don't like the whole Supreme Master aspect, but I've never been asked to join despite going there several times a week for over a year and us knowing each other's names. So I say, get over it and go eat some great vegan food!

Good Fast Food - Edit

Food was good and fast. I enjoyed the Buddhist/Hindu lectures that are played on televisions in the dining area. The desserts were amazing.
Easiest way to get there is to get off @ Seomyeon station and either take a taxi or walk. Worth visiting.

Pros: Good & Fast

Cons: Rice wasn't brown

Return to Busan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Busanjin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.