Los Olivos

951-514-1946

Francisco I. Madero 1254 (at opposite Instituto Tecnologico de Oaxaca), Oaxaca, Mexico, 68030

Full service vegetarian restaurant at a spa hotel, 20 minute walk or short taxi ride from the center. Many dishes contain egg and dairy, but there are several vegan choices. Mid-sized dining room with uniformed waitstaff. Serves a daily menu with mini buffet as well as an extensive menu with veggie steaks, burgers, and tacos. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by louislieb

We got sick and found insects in our food - Edit

It was a huge bummer to see such a great menu, and then get cooked flies in our spaghetti. We decided to give it another shot and got the brocheta, and we all got really sick from it.

Cons: Unsanitary

nice buffet - Edit

The big buffet is Sunday from 2-6 only. Not sure what the menu looks like other days. For a first time gringo, I'd say there is a learning curve: so many dishes, not very clear what all of them are, which have cheese and which don't, what the sauces are, and which plates they go with. If I could, I'd go every week and figure out out! Since it's not in El Centro, it would've been nice to take a bus there, but the bus never cam (probably a light Sunday schedule).
It was VERY nice to see so many Mexicans interested in vegetarianism, even if it is ovolacto. Mexico is a tough place for a vegetarian, at least if you're eating in restaurants.

Pros: huge number of dishes., wonderful desserts, comes with use of swimming pool.

Cons: ovolacto, dishes could be better labeled for us gringos, not close to Zocalo.

sauerkraut+tofuwurst 16 May 2015 - I checked the place on a Thursday early afternoon and at that moment there was the buffet offered. When we went to eat on Friday around 6pm there was only the menu available (buffet hours remained a mystery to us). Several of the dishes can be veganized, only a very few are vegan by default. The staff was a bit helpless in replacing dairy sauces with something else e.g. Avocado. The stuff was friendly and helpful and the food was good tasting. Portions were small. Price level was moderate (2 main dishes per person, pitcher of juice for 288 pesos). The place was easy to find and we can recommend it.

Return to Oaxaca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Los Olivos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.