CLOSED: Little Lebanon

902-742-1042

100 Main Street, Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual restaurant. Offers a few vegetarian options: grape leaves, falafel sandwich, and vegetarian lebanese plate. 2015 REPORTED ALREADY SHUT.

Category: Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by DalVeg

Good Food, Will Try Again - Edit

As the other reviewer noted, the first impression of the restaurant is not great. It's definitely a 'hole in the wall'. But in my experiences, those are often the best places! I also ordered the vegetarian sampler. I waited nearly two hours for the food to come, but was really there to catch up with old friends, so I didn't mind. While I waited I hear lots of microwave action in the back, which did not excite me. I thought the food was pretty tasty. Yes, the hummus was a little runny and not as bold as others I have had, but in general I enjoyed the food. I will definitely try the food again, but will inquire about the microwave use. And I will make sure to either call in my order ahead of time or go with the intent of spending quality time with friends while I wait.

Pros: Low prices, Variety of veg options

Cons: Long wait time

Sketchy. - Edit

I was excited to visit Little Lebanon because they have a huge selection of vegetarian options (they have entire page of their menu dedicated to vegetarian appetizers and another dedicated to vegetarian entrees). However, upon arrival, I was very hesitant to dine at this restaurant. I am not at all snobby and I am not high maintenance, but there were a couple of reasons why I found Little Lebanon to be "sketchy". First, it is located in a pretty run-down part of Yarmouth. Second, it has no decorating scheme and the restaurant looks like it was built in the seventies (lots of flower prints... on the walls and on the table cloths). Three, it looked dirty. The menus were blackening along the edges from continuous use without being cleaned, the tablecloths were stained, all-in-all in didn't look very well kept. I was very hesitant to eat here, but there large veg selection, the cheap prices ($7-8 per main course), the homestyle atmosphere, and the abundance of what appeared to be regular customers (the owner knew almost everyone... and the place was almost full... by name), were all reasons to give this place a chance.

Well, I was disappointed. I ordered the main vegetarian sampler (can't remember the actual name). The falafels were deep fried pieces of dough (I didn't even try them they looked so fat-laden), the hummus was the WORST I have had ever had (it was flavorless and EXTREMELY runny (I think it was watered down)), and the portions were very small (I can't complain too much about this, my meal was only $8). There were a few positive points: the fatoush salad was very tasty, the squash-flavored patty (also forget its name) was very, very yummy, the owner was friendly, and every meal is served with a TON of pita for dipping (I would bet it was 5 whole pitas worth of bread served... for one person!).

I am happy that the locals enjoy this restaurant, but I myself would never return.

Pros: Nice fatoush salad, Lots of pita, Many veg options

Cons: Cash only, Watery-flavorless hummus, No attn paid to decorations/atmosphere

Return to Yarmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Little Lebanon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.