Little Grill Collective

Contact 540-434-3594

621 N Main St, Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA, 22802

Serves meat, vegan options available. Worker-owned cafe. Reported makes tofu and vegan cheese - ask for them as substitution. Tue-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat 7:00am-3:00pm, Sun 9:00am-2:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by rfgrove

This place was amazing! 10 stars! - Edit

I found this little place during my vacation while visiting friends in the area, it was perfect! I am a new vegan and trying to learn the ins and outs, they still eat meat, and both options were offered!
I can not say enough good thing about how awesome the waitstaff/owners (it is co-op) were! Polite, offered to explain anything on the menu, food was swift coming out of the kitchen and good! The buckwheat pancakes were so amazingly good! Real maple syrup was even offered!

Pros: Half the menu or more is vegan or the other half c, The prices are very good! They also let me pay for, It is a co-op that tries to source locally. A grea

Cons: The only reason I did not eat here more was there , Seating is limited, but if you must wait, it is wo, They did not know they were on Happy Cow, love thi

best vegan meal I've ever had - Edit

maybe I was really hungry. maybe I just didn't expect a good evening meal in Harrisonburg. but I happened to find this great little restaurant through happy cow. I came on a Friday night which is down home night. I ordered the bbq fried tempeh with collard greens. OMG. I've been vegan for many years now. this was the best vegan meal I have ever at a restaurant. Go there.

What an awesome place! - Edit

As we drove down to Harrisonburg yesterday, we weren't really sure what we were going to do for a vegan dinner along with some omni options for some of our party. Thankfully, I checked Happy Cow and found the Little Grill Collective! There were 4 of us and we each tried a different entree: a Greek Alice, a vegan Tempeh Barbecue sandwich, a Love Omelet and a vegan Grinder. Everything was fantastic! We also had the hummus as a starter and 2 orders of the falafel. The falafel was amazing with the lemon tahini! We ended the evening by taking the oatmeal chocolate chips cookies to go since we were so full. I just love a yummmy oatmeal cookie and these definitely fit the bill.

We will definitely be going back to the Little Grill Collective. Don't let the exterior of the building deter you. The food was fanastic with some great veg and vegan options and the people were very nice too.

Awesome little eatery!! - Edit

we drive highway 81 from PA to TN several times a year and as vegans have limited food options for eating out on the drive - or so we thought! This place (its the halfway point for our drive) is a GEM! Located on N Main St, its a convenient stop not too far from 81 and the serve is prompt! The menu options are great - LOTS to choose from, whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or a meat eater - they have it all. The staff were friendly and helpful. I also liked their kids menu - it had many options and included things such as beans, guacamole, etc. and they had sippy cups too!

Onto OUR FOOD! I ordered the BBQ Tempeh Sandwich with coleslaw and fries. All vegan and outstanding! My husband had the "Go Ask Alice" (i think that was the name of it) which was a falafel wrap with hummus and other fixins in it and a side salad included (lemon tahini dressing). For my son (3 years old) we went with the cheese (not vegan) quesadilla which came with brown beans and guacamole. He liked the beans but wouldn't touch the guacamole - a 3 year old thing of course. I tried it and it was good! We took a vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie to go. excellent as well.

We'll definitely be making this our regular stop when we travel now. Don't be deterred by the exterior - it doesn't look like a restaurant. They might could use a better sign or something on the exterior to call out to folks driving by who don't know the area.

Pros: awesome vegan options, reasonable prices, good kids menu

Cons: Need better sign / exterior

YOU MUST EAT HERE! - Edit

The LGC is my absolute favorite place to eat in Harrisonburg. Everyone who works there is so friendly and personable. The food is FANTASTIC! It's definitely the place with the most vegetarian/vegan options in the area, plus they have enough meat options (all organic) that your carnivorous friends will go with you and love the place just as much as you do! Lunch and dinner are fantastic, but you absolutely MUST go for brunch! The offer breakfast every day, brunch on saturday and sunday, and every thursday night is breakfast night. It is all so delicious! Oh, and did I mention that the food is cheap too? Definitely an added bonus.

I am completely in love with the LGC. I no longer live in Harrisonburg, but every time I make a trip to Virginia I'm always sure to stop in no matter how out of the way it is!

Great any time of the day - Edit

The little grill is as unique as it gets, for both atmosphere and food. It's an employee owned coop that you'd swear came straight out of the 70's. Nevermind, though, the food is awesome, whether breakfast lunch or dinner. There are plenty of vegan options - my favorites are Flaxjacks for breakfast and BBQ tempeh for lunch or dinner. Don't miss Mexican night for the best vegetarian tex-mex recipes also. The menu is not purely vegetarian, though.

Pros: Plenty of vegan/vegetarian options, Employee owned, Great atmosphere

Cons: No credit cards accepted

Return to Harrisonburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Little Grill Collective closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2235 times since Aug 2007.