Le Vegetarien

Contact 0142471514

65, rue du Faubourg Poissonnière, Paris, France, 75009

Small fast food restaurant near rue Lafayette. Serves simple, hearty meals like falafel, lasagna, quiche, and soup. Service is quick. Caters mainly to the people working in the area. Nov 2014 reported still operating. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Take-out, French

First Review by estefinparis

OK for lunch (preferably on the go) - Edit

I went there for lunch once (with my work colleagues) and I was slightly disappointed.
Yes it's vegetarian but vegan options are really poor. Ok we can have almost all the salads and veggies but as real "mains" it's another story... everything in the "main" included cheese so I ended up having samosas as main, and only two of them which seemed really light (even if I had the salad with it).
Vegetables various salads were nice though ! It's just not worth the trip I'd say, especially cause they are other and better vegan options available close by

Pros: fresh, lots of veggies

Cons: few vegan options for mains, atmosphere

A good place for lunch - Edit

I've eaten here once for lunch and appreciated the meal. The vegan option was different vegetables and potato steaks. The steaks were really good and portions were generous. The place is nice but can be crowded for lunch. Prices are very fair for the quality and quantity of the food. There a few vegan options for dessert but you can always find something. The staff was friendly and helpful when asking for vegan options.

Pros: good and fresh food, fast service, friendly staff

Cons: limited menu for vegans, crowded at lunch time

Ok, but not special - Edit

With a name such as "Le Vegetarien", I would expect it to have a wide variety of veggie cuisine, including soy burgers, or tofu, or seitan. However, they only offer conventional (but meatless) European fast food (quiches, salads, pasta). Still, it is a nice canteen to have lunch if you happen to be nearby (I don't think I would make a trip especially to eat here), if you don't mind eating from plastic bowls with a plastic fork. Prices are good (3.90€ for a quiche or a small salad, and menu options for under 10€).

Pros: Affordable (< 10€ menu), Natural fruit juice, Fast service (food is ready to eat&go)

Cons: No special veggie food (soy, seitan...), Open only at lunchtime, Plastic bowls, forks and knives.

not a restaurant - Edit

I passed by and decided not to stop there. This is not a restaurant but a fast food place. Just to choose food to bring with you or eat on in plastic bowls at one of the few tables.

Pros: quick?

Cons: fast food

Cute place! - Edit

After reading the last couple of reviews, I wasn't so sure whether it was worth searching for this place. So happy I decided to go for it. Delicious food and helpful staff. I speak French, so that helped me figure out what was available, but I assume they'd be willing to try to help tourists who don't speak French as well. Cafe-style, you walk up to the counter and tell them what you want from the options displayed. You pay, then they bring it to you at your table. The food tasted great and definitely did not leave me hungry! Would go back next time in Paris!

Can't commet on food as venue closed at 2.30? - Edit

***Can't comment on food but place was closed at 2.30 today ***

We took two metro's especially to eat here but Le Vegetarian was closed at 2.30 today (with no sign of it being open earlier). There was a gentleman inside but he offered no help. Can't comment on the food but giving low stars due to no sign up showing opening times or details relating to Christmas / New Year closures.

All was not lost for us as we then went to Chez Hanna's in the Marais for takeaway falafel (a Kosher place where they told us the falafel was cooked in oil/vats that no meat was cooked in). It was the best falafel I have ever tasted!

Delicious and affordable lunch option. - Edit

We went here in July 2010 for lunch. The restaurant is very busy with locals grabbing lunch (we were there from 12:45-1:15) but service is speedy and friendly.

If you want take-away you order at the display counter where the items of the day are all laid out. If you want to sit and eat, the menu for you is on the blackboards. For 7.50 Euro we each got a daily special consisting of a large plate with a selection of different salads and crudites with the "main" in the centre. In our case the main was a tomato tart and a pair of spinach wraps. You also have your choice of dressings (in our case mustard or shallot). A side basket of two puffed-up pitas was included. A (free) carafe of flat water was brought to the table without our asking, very much appreciated.

The food was filling, delicious, very fresh, and satisfying. In meat-heavy Paris, this is a treat.

Our meal was the most expensive thing on the menu and totalled 15 Euro.

**Location on HappyCow map is incorrect. I will inform them of this. In the meantime, don't go looking for this restaurant in front of Hotel de Ville!

Pros: Fresh and delicious, Affordable, Service

Cons: Location, Vegan items not indicated

Great find - Edit

This little restaurant serves delicious vegetarian food just steps away from the Rue Lafayette. Opening only at midday, it is very busy with people working in the surrounding area, with a counter for take-away and around a dozen cozy tables for eat-in. The food is excellent, with the falafel dish being the absolute highlight: 5 light falafels served with salad, rice, tabboulé, hummus, onion-vinaigrette... simply mouth-watering, as well as fully vegan. The dish costs just 6.50 euros, which is a great price for Paris. Add to that a smoothie, and you have a full menu for just 9 euros. Other options are quiche, lasagna, soups... A great spot for lunch.

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Vegetarien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9478 times since Mar 2010.