First Review by mmmichael

organic &a vegan & delicious! - Edit

I randomly stopped by this place to get a quick bite. To my surprise i found out that they are an organic and vegan restaurant. I ordered they mezze bowl which is a combination of different sides. It was so yummy! I highly recommend it, this way you can try many things.
Young coconut ceviche was amazing! ?

neat and quirky - Edit

Tasty vegan food in a unique atmosphere. I use for a quick lunch or to bring an out-of-town friend.

Lovely place - Edit

The food was great and the staff were courteous and friendly despite being really busy. I had the Tibetan bowl and unlike a previous reviewer I found it to be full of flavor. We got the seeded avocado for our kids and they didn't likea it so I ate that too and it was quite tasty. The kids did love the chocolate chia pudding. It's all a bit pricey but not bad by NYC standards.

Mediocre vegan food - Edit

I was excited to try because of the reviews. New York has so many incredible vegan options. I recommend going somewhere else. I had Tibetan bowl- under cooked rice, bland sauce, bland kim chi. Wine was awful and fizzy (not sparkling).

Fantastic vegan food, friendly staff - Edit

We came here to eat lunch just after our wedding this summer, since we were looking a place to eat close to Central Park. We found this place through this app, and also found the place to be a small oasis in the city bustle. It weren't crammed with people like some other NY vegan restaurants, the staff were super friendly and the food was even better than expected.ps. the staff noted that we just came from our wedding and served us free dessert, which was really nice of them :)

Pleasant lunch, so-so value - Edit

My partner and I came here for a late light lunch. We ordered the mezze, a carrot muffin, and a brownie. The mezze was good and fresh tasting, but expensive at $16.95 for the portion. We absolutely loved the baked goods, although I'm not sure what purpose the dry chia seeds on the brownie served except to get stuck in our teeth.

I do think the prices are on the high side even for NYC. Portions are small. It's basically counter service. Everything is already cooked and ready to go. And the fact that they provide these cheap plastic water cups and disposable take-out chopsticks doesn't help justify the value.

That said, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and feel good recommending this place. Just don't come hungry.

Pros: Tasty food

Cons: pricey

Wonderful Flavors - Edit

This place has delicious, good for you food. It was a delightful meal that didn't leave me feeling heavy. To me, the portions are adequate. I see people complain about pricing in other reviews. Well, it's all organic and it's in NYC. So considering those two factors, I thought it was appropriately priced. I had their lemonade and an appetizer and a main dish. I was pretty well satiated afterwards and I thought the combination of flavors in everything and the creativity of the dishes was excellent.
Next time I'm back in NYC, we will go here again.

Pros: Delicious, clean food, Great flavors, Friendly staff

Excellent ! - Edit

À proximité des musées de la 5ème avenue. Cuisine exquise et généreuse. Laissez vous tenter par l'avocat en entrée (exquis), le Chili ou la bolognaise pour le plat et leur grand cookie pour le dessert !

Delicious - Edit

I was anxious to try this place and was not disappointed! Stopped in on a hot Saturday afternoon and the place was very lovely and welcoming, the staff is great and take time to explain the food. Everything was delicious and we even went back the next day for more. The key lime pie is so good. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Delicious fresh food, Friendly staff, Clean bathrooms

Cons: Pricey

Awesome bowls - Edit

Bowls were delicious and the chili bowl was probably the best I've ever had. Meal size very generous. Great selection of vegan wines, limited seating available, very friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Superb but high cost for quantity of food - Edit

Great vegan experience! Classy healthy fast food! Not at fast food pricing though.

Expect to spend $15 for a hot bowl.

Pros: Beautiful interior, free range tofu hah!, simple and menu that's also customizable! hot and

Cons: portions are on the smaller side for the cost but

excellent! - Edit

Never expected food or atmosphere to be so good. Bigger than we expected. We bought a lot and loved everything.

Charming little French style vegan cafe - Edit

What a cool spot! They have carbs like potatoes, rice, etc. which is what we like. You order at the counter and they scoop it into a bowl for you. The Soylagnese was amazing! And then we finished with key lime pie, so perfect. Highly recommend and please support this cool vegan place.

Pros: clean and stylish, friendly service, carbs featured in dishes

Cons: horrible stools so uncomfortable, a little oily

Delicious food & adorable atmosphere - Edit

They have a wide variety of options on the menu. The staff was willing to help me choose and let me sample different options. They have an appetizer menu, and then a bowl menu. I got the potato bowl with mushroom gravy and it was heavenly! Seriously one of the tastiest things I have tried. All bowls are $14. They serve a detox juice, lemonade, green tea and a selection of natural wines. Free tap water is on each table. They have an adorable seating area. You order, pay, get your food and then take a seat. Overall an excellent (and speedy!) experience. I will definitely be back! Oh, and they do have dessert options as well :)

Pros: Excellent food, Adorable atmosphere, Fast, helpful service

Cons: None that I noticed!

Wonderful Organic Vegan Gluten Free Heaven - Edit

This casual restaurant opened approximately seven weeks ago and is a wonderful addition to the Upper East Side neighborhood for eat in or take out. The food is fresh, creative and fast, and has many unusual choices to boot. The thing that makes it so wonderful is the offering of so many delicious sides,like green pea hummus, Sauerkraut etc, and main courses like the smashed potato with mushroom ragout (large serving!), Dirty noodle soup with Tofu and the Hemp Burger (which I loved though it was a smaller sized portion). Great salads and "Seeded avocado". The woman who was just paying in front of me raved about the chili and ordered a second portion. Deserts are great and they have a Wine Bar with all bio dynamic wines. I think this place was made just for me...

Pros: Fast Service, Free tastes of entrees

Cons: Small-ish dining area

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Botaniste closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.