First Review by VeganSoapDude

Nice place, hard to find.. - Edit

This is a very small place directly across from the entrance to Cheng Tian Temple. Absolutely no English is spoken here. From what we could gather, they are completely vegan. We had a dish with bean curd, a variety of mushrooms, and Chinese vegetables. We also had an order of bok choy. Both were good. If you want to find this place, go to the Cheng Tian Temple and ask people around there for Kuan Yin Zhai. The sign (as well as the menu) is in Chinese only and no one speaks English. It's worth visiting if you can speak a little Chinese and are in the area!

Pros: 100% Vegan?, Friendly Service, Proximity to Temple

Cons: Hard to Find, No English Spoken, No English Menu/Sign

Nadezhda First vegetarian restaurant that I've visited in this friendly city. Food was quite ok… but quite affordable price. The best what I had in there was ginger soup which cost only 10 yuan which was really good for my cold. I do speak chinese pretty well, so there were no problems for me ordering food, but for those who can't probably would be quite difficult to make a choice since menu is all in chinese, there are no pics and no one speak english in there. Easy to find! The street which leads to this rest is right in front of the main gate of a Temple. The restaurant is on the left side almost in front of western pasta, pizza, bar restaurant. A small place, very chinese, character 素 (su) on the door will guide you to the right place! Enjoy!

Return to Quanzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kuan Yin Zhai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 611 times since Aug 2009.