First Review by frodotbaggins

Gem of Austin (would give it 5 stars) - Edit

Stumbled across Koriente on a trip to Austin. LOVED the food. Fresh Asian bowls, noodles & salads with a wide variety of veggies (substitutions encouraged), brown rice option, rice 'gnocchi', yummy tofu, vegan miso soup free and jasmine green tea. Fresh, flavorful mushrooms were like vegan steak. Inexpensive for high quality ingredients, even the teenager left full & happy! Excellent umami - we will be back!

Pros: Substitutions encouraged , Umami, rice 'gnocchi'

Cons: small space

love this place - Edit

Everyone loved the food here, including my two non-veg friends. I ordered a vegan dish and asked for double spice it was amazing. This was an A+ find.

Pros: vegan items clearly marked, everything was delicious, good variety of options

fantastic - Edit

Not at all what we expected but exactly what we needed. So good. Inexpensive, fresh, reasonably priced, fast service. We both got beers, soup, appetizers, and entrees for less than I've paid just for an entree or two. I got hummus roll and obake bowl with tofu. So simple and delicious. My husband got the summer roll and shiitake tofu. We were both very satisfied. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: price, taste, fast

Loved this place - Edit

While it isn't a vegan restaurant, the place is very vegan-friendly. The dishes are fresh and flavourful filled with vegetables. I recommend the bibimbap and rice medallion saute.

If you like japanese and korean food you would love this restaurant.
They have many options for vegans and the stuff would change the menus!
They are very friendly.
I definetly agree with the priceperformance ratio (miso soup comes always free with a mainmenu

Healthy, fresh vegan options - Edit

My favorites are the Mix Mix with avocado and the spring rolls. But everything vegan that I have tried is good.

The wine and beer are affordable and the back deck with a view of the gardens across the street make it a pleasant place to dine.

Friendly, helpful staff.

Love it! - Edit

Koriente has amazing food, at great prices. This is the perfect place for you to get your vegan fix, at the same time as pleasing your non-veg friends. The Noodle Garden is so good. Add tofu. It's worth it. The Shittake Tofu is great, too. If you add spice, it's pretty spicy. Love the complimentary miso soup. Can't wait to try the bubble tea.

Pros: Cheap, Great staff, Great food

Cons: Minimal Parking, Curries aren't vegan

Amazing food! - Edit

I come here whenever I want some healthy, fresh and tasty food! The tea is wonderful, the vegan miso soup is awesome, and the veg entrees are so good. They will make your soul smile! Very friendly staff also.

Pros: Healthy, Yummy, Family owned

Koriente is AWESOME! - Edit

I love Koriente! The staff is sweet and super knowledgeable about ingredients used. The menu is well labeled for us vegans. It may not be pages long, but they not only welcome substitutions in their dishes- they have *suggested* substitutions to get you started!

Vegan bubble teas, vegan miso soup, and the best rice in Austin make this one of my favorite restaurants for over 3 years!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious

Love It! - Edit

This is my go-to place when friends visit, or I'm going out with a group with mixed dietary needs/preferences. The menu offers a small selection, but almost all of the items are vegan. Basically, everything starts with a base of veggies and spices, and then you choose to leave it as is, or add tofu, a meat, or avocado. Plus, everything's fresh and wonderful.

*I recommend the Curry A w/ avocado, and the Japchei.

It's also my go-to when I'm having a bad day. The place is dimly lit, but casual . . . so it meets somewhere in between cozy cafe and romantic dinner. The decor is actually eclectic and quirky - not just weird like a lot of cafes that just don't quite get it.

They have a nice little tea selection too. And good beers (Blue Moon, Stella, XX) are all $2.50. The prices in general are great here. So you'll have a couple bucks extra to tip the staff, who are also great.

Pros: VERY VEGAN FRIENDLY, fresh & delish food for cheap, inviting atmosphere and staff

Cons: Parking - sometimes

Bad taste, small, crowded, loud - Edit

This place left me so unimpressed I left my food sitting where it was. My steamed broccoli and carrots were... just bland steamed veggies, and the rice (and beef bulgogi), I left it where it was and didn't eat it.
I'm a pretty skinny dude, and this place was too small to move around in. Like, they tried to fit way too many tables in the joint for how big it is. I don't recommend you try going here, vegetarian or not.

Pros: downtown

Cons: bad taste, small, loud

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koriente closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2816 times since Aug 2007.