Judy's Island Grill

800 Crain Highway N, Glen Burnie, Maryland, USA, 21061

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caribbean food with a vegetarian section on the menu - includes jerk or curry soy chicken and has veg sides including green beans, sautéed okra, callaloo rice, cabbage medley, a side salad and a veggie patty.

Categories: Caribbean, Jamaican, Non-veg

First Review by nardanddee

newlymintedvegan

Points +115

Vegetarian
20 Jun 2020

Tasty and different

I got the tofu jerk chicken with fried plantains and cabbage medley. It was pretty good! It was more liquidy than saucy but the tofu was nicely seared and the plantains were a great blend of savory and sweet. I would go again at a less busy time when I’m in the area. The parking lot is crowded and the building is quite small.

Pros: Online ordering, Tasty vegan options

Cons: Slow service, No way to pay online

JanetPerkins

Points +30

25 Nov 2019

Great for juice not for meals

Great juice but I don’t know as I trust their veg options

Jessicaaaaaaaaa

Points +121

20 Dec 2018

Delicious vegan food

Update: Called in an order this time and it was much faster. Delicious vegan food and great customer service picking up the order. Only issues were when I asked on the phone if the tempeh came with vegetables, they said no but it ended up having carrots, onions, and peppers which were good (I just wanted to know before ordering); it was very liquidy (possibly oily); and there were small stems in the curry which I assume are part of it but I don't find them appetizing.
Previous review: Placed an online order and arrived at the time to pick it up, but it wasn't ready so I waited an additional 10 minutes which was a bit frustrating because I was on lunch break from work and didn't have extra time. The vegan food was delicious.

nardanddee

Points +1746

10 Feb 2018

no longer an option

New Review: I had to update this review because I have now had 3 consecutive, less than favorable experiences here. On all 3 occasions, the wait time was unacceptable (they ignore the vegetarian orders and seem to only fill omnivorous ones). The final straw was finding two pieces of beef (yes, actual animal flesh) in with the soy chicken. I think this place has gotten too popular in the local area and that has caused them to become careless. I will not return here. If you decide to give it a try, just be forewarned.

Pros: large portions

Cons: wait times can be long (even if you call ahead), May find animal flesh in with your soy option

ohemgee

Points +635

23 Oct 2017

just ok..

I didn’t have a very good experience, which was my first time here. Took 30 minutes, or more, for my to go order to get completed. The faux meat was very gummy. The plantains had a strange garlicky flavor which made me think there was a lot of cross contamination :/. Not looking to go back unless they have more items on the menu.. or something changes.

Pros: portions

Cons: faux meat is gummy , parking, slow service

HannahNKhan

Points +178

03 May 2017

great food, a little pricey for the location

Aaaamazing jerk and curry chicken. Pretty popular so it doesn't feel abandon (although it may look so on the outside). Live music (if it's too loud there's outdoor seating).
But there's only 5 booths and the rest of the place looks more like a carry out (which they also do!) still, def a good spot for a nice dinner.
However, each vegan entree is like 13.00. Def enough food to take home (comes with 2 sides) but wish it was maybe 8.00 since it's not THAT fancy.

Pros: options, taste, music

Cons: outdoor scene, price

Return to Glen Burnie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Judy's Island Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.