Jaleo

301-913-0003

7271 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, 20814

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tapas and Spanish cuisine with nearly 20 vegetarian items, and about half of them vegan like gazpacho, salads, sautéed roasted red peppers, mushroom, eggplant and other delicious vegetables; ask for the separate allergens menu that shows markings on every item for vegetarian, vegan, dairy, gluten free, shellfish, nuts. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

Interesting - Edit

I ordered practically every vegan item on the menu with a couple other people to help eat it. There was nothing wrong and the potato dish with the two sauces was delicious, but I don't think I will return as I was underwhelmed.
I enjoyed the experience but in my opinion there are better places to eat in the area.
I did appreciate the second menu but in my opinion it would have been nice to not have to ask for another menu since they give you three to start with. Having them labeled on the regular menu would have been more to my preferences.

Pros: Fun way to eat and share

Cons: have to request vegan menu, price

Outstanding verduras! - Edit

I ate here on July 23 with another vegan friend, and we ordered from the special "allergen" menu which marks all vegan items with a yellow "V". Although the selection of vegan items was not large, we found the staff and the menu coding system to be very helpful in selecting our dishes.

We ordered five items to share from the Verduras section of the menu: Escalivada catalana
(roasted red peppers); Papas arrugás
(baby potatoes with mojo verde and rojo sauces); Trigueros con romesco
(grilled asparagus with romesco sauce); Empedrat de mongetes
 (bean salad); and Espinacas a la catalana (spinach with pine nuts, raisins and apples).

We were extra hungry, and the waiter said our order would e a "good start" - but it turned out to be so much food that we couldn't finish it and had to ask for a box to take home!

Really fun, nice atmosphere too.

Pros: Excellent food , Great service, Fun atmosphere

Cons: Limited vegan options

Vegan Tapas - Edit

It's so hard to go to a fun, exciting restaurant that isn't vegan and to know what you can and cannot order. Thankfully, this restaurant has an allergens menu that allows you to order based on diet. Ask for this menu, which is currently a yellow menu, so that you can see what is and is not vegetarian and vegan. There is a green V for vegetarian and a red V for vegan. It also marks for gluten, nuts, dairy and shellfish.

What to get? There are salads that are vegetarian, but ask without cheese to veganize (beets salad, lentil salad). Also, gazpacho has cheese added, too. For the ones that are easily vegan, the sautéed mushrooms, sautéed spinach, olives, roasted red peppers, grilled asparagus, potatoes with 2 great sauces, eggplant and the cauliflower (best one).

It's fun and easy to keep it vegan here. Prices are decent - it is Bethesda, and it is tapas.

Pros: Special menu labels vegan, Special menu labels gluten, Fresh choices

Cons: No salt and pepper on table, Can be salty

Return to Bethesda Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jaleo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.