Izzy's

501-868-4311

5601 Ranch Dr (at Cantrell Rd), Little Rock, Arkansas, USA, 72223

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan offerings include tamales, brick oven pizza with no cheese, pasta, soups, salads, veggie melt sandwich, fresh stir fried veggies. Ask for the separate vegan menu. Frozen tamales are available for take-out. Large seating area. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by PNW Vegan

Vegan Menu - Edit

Izzy's was amazing! I can't wait to go back! Their menu is filled with noted vegetarian meals, all house made, and all very creative(no boring salad). They also have a separate vegan menu to make it easy for you. The only thing is, is that it's a "dietary" vegan menu, because on a few items they use a non-dairy butter that has whey in it. But those items are noted and you can ask for it without.
I ordered their famous house made veggie tamales, which come with salsa and chips (best vegan tamales EVER), and an order of sweet potato fries and guacamole. (Gigantic order and the most delicious sweet potato fries I've had).
They also have fire brick pizzas(definitely trying next time) the place has such a nice atmosphere, and a beautiful patio area. Service was very nice and fast. I HIGHLY recommend to anyone traveling near little rock, ar.

Pros: vegan menu/vegetarian noted items, fast & friendly service, amazing food!

Cons: "dietary vegan menu"-some items use a whey non-dai

Amazing Tamales - Edit

Enjoyed a Vegetable tamale with my large Garden de Pasta which ad fresh steamed zuchini and squash with fresh tomatoes on the marania on gluten-free pasta..
Our server was friendly, informative and helpful, suggested salsa instead of cheese dip for my tamales when I let him know I was a vegan. It was a busy saturday lucnh crowd and we were serve fast. everything was delish..
One of my favorate place to meet family, and treat my self to cooked vegan food when they are respectful on my choices..
I've been there before and my server was not up on vegan suggestions, i was polite and asked for another server. they were really nice about sending someone over to help her out.. education is good about our choices & helping others to learn about it is also our responsibility...

Pros: atmosphere.. cheerful & bright, educated servers 95% of time, Lots of choices on menu

Cons: Check out / through waiting people , to many employee standing around, hard to find if your not local

Disappointed - Edit

My husband and I went here once on the good reviews of several friends. Once was enough. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing with an interesting and fun decor, but that is not enough to bring me back. The food was average (I can make a just as tasty dinner at home) and our waitress seemed to have a chip on her shoulder about something. She could not provide information on any vegan options, and being a vegan, that was important to me. We also had to send my husbands dinner back because it came with items he asked to be left off. Turns out all they did was scrape the bun and send it right back to him a few minutes later. We could still see the pickle juice and condiments soaked in to it. Given our less than friendly and helpful waitress, he just ate it anyway. All in all, we were beyond disappointed as we had such high hopes for a great experience.

Pros: Interesting decor

Cons: Average food, Less than friendly waitstaff, Would not fix order error

Delicious vegan tamales - Edit

Izzy's has several vegan options available. We tried the Hot Tamale Platter and Brick Oven Pizza. The pizza was very good, a basic veggie pizza without cheese. The tamales were excellent, and came with salsa and corn chips. They also sell their tamales frozen for takeout, and I ordered several to bring home with me to the West Coast. I was happy they made it through the TSA screening at the airport, and they were just as tasty once I got them back home the next day. The restaurant is large with many tables, and our server was very friendly and helpful. I'll be returning to Izzy's each year when I visit Little Rock.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly and attentive staff, good value

Return to Little Rock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Izzy's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2048 times.