Isan Thai Restaurant

941-923-1232

5758 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34231

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small restaurant with a separate vegetarian menu section, of which some are vegan or can be made vegan. Many other menu items can be prepared vegan with tofu and/or vegetables. Accommodating staff is happy to leave out fish sauce, egg and other ingredients where necessary. Free Wi-Fi. Spice levels can be modified upon request. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Miker

vegan friendly - Edit

Great little place. The atmosphere is nice. There is an entire page of vegetarian dishes - I asked the server if they had any fish sauce or anything with animal products in them, and she asked if I was vegan! They are familiar with those needs. We went with non-vegetarian people and they were very pleased, too.

Pros: vegan friendly

Best Thai food, nicest people - Edit

My wife and I have eaten here a number of times, and we have never been disappointed. Even when we forgot to ask them to make it mild, it tasted wonderful and we ate it through our pain. (The northeast - "Isan" - region of Thailand is known for spicy food. We find when they make it mild it is still quite flavorful, and more comfortable for us to eat.)

We first came here after finding out that a different Thai restaurant we liked was actually not leaving out the fish sauce, as we requested, since their sauces are all pre-made. At Isan Thai when we ordered curry with only vegetables, the waitress asked us if we wanted it without fish sauce, before we could ask if that was possible.

Everything we have eaten here has been delicious, with good-sized portions, and the people have always been gracious and lovely. The restaurant is not large, but so far we have not had trouble being seated. I'm concerned that this might change when others taste their food! We love Thai food, and we expect to return here many times.

Pros: Wonderful food, Concern to make food properly vegan, Gracious staff

Cons: None I can think of

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Isan Thai Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.