First Review by Slovelace

Just the best - Edit

If you are in Florence Just go there. All organic and home made..And vegan friendly.
Prices are more than fair.
It tastes so good and the staff is really nice.

Pros: organic, taste amazing

Cons: stomach not big enough

LeaVltr 15 Sep 2016 - !!!Sorry!!!! I made a mistake, the photos and review are for Edoardo !!!

I am editing my post for clarification - Edit

I responded to another member below, and I would like to correct what I said:

They do, indeed have "dairy free" dark chocolate and fruit sorbetto/gelato there. But! I would like to point out that I've been running around Florence enjoying dairy free gelato and realized that they must all use sugar in it, which means it may not be "vegan". (Meaning, if you believe using charred animal bones to process sugar is not vegan, then I suggest asking each gelato place what TYPE of sugar they use. I am still researching myself, but apparently brown sugar may also be processed with charred animal bones).

I asked this place what type of sugar they use and they said regular sugar, so I am guessing they mean refined white sugar. It may be tough to get specifics, but again, if you are a strict vegan, you will need to ask :)

Anyway- just want to clear all that up because they do indeed have "dairy free" chocolate "gelato". And again, I did not actually try the gelato, so my rating is inaccurate.

Pros: Dairy Free gelato

Cons: may not be vegan

Amazing Dark Chocolate Gelato- by Far the Best - Edit

My husband and I happened upon this small gelato shop on the way to the Piazza Michaelangelo. Like many gelato shops, there are no signs indicating vegan options but when asked "senza latte?" the girl pointed to the darkest chocolate tub in the case. One bite caused my husband, who previously uttered nary a word of Italian, to ask with suspicion, "senza latte?" The girl laughed and vigorously nodded. It was like eating the most decadent, fudgy frosting. Simply amazing! We tried many gelato shops throughout the trip (Venice, Florence and Rome) and I can say without a doubt that this was simply the best! It's a little hard to find but so worth it.

Pros: Amazing dark chocolate gelato, Average prize, sugar rush needed for the stairs to piazza

Cons: A little hard to find

HappyGina 21 Sep 2014 - Hi :) I walked there today (and it was like MILES away from where I was) and when I got there, I asked for "vegano".. She said "no, sorry."... Now I read this review and I wonder if they know what vegano means... OR I am wondering if they just don't serve the vegan gelato anymore?? I hope it's the latter because I was SO excited to try it!!! hahaha

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Il Gelato Di Filo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.