Hooi

( 1 review )
030-7670061

Burgemeester Reigestraat 25, Utrecht, Netherlands

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves various vegetarian salads and sandwiches, of which some are vegan or can be made vegan, including a hummus sandwich and a salad. Works with different local products and fair trade coffee. Has live music. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-5:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Catering, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by veggiesara

Great atmosphere at the lovely HOOI - Edit

This review dates back to 2013:
HOOI is a simply decorated lunch room, with cute accents. For drinks we had the juice mix of the day and the apple juice, both tasted very nice.
We ordered the sandwich with homade hummus, carrot and cumin, and the multigrain pasta salad with sundried tomato, bell pepper and fresh herbs. The hummus was absolutely delicious and the bread was nice and crispy, I really enjoyed the sandwich. The pasta salad was delicious too. Before we ordered we asked if both dishes were vegan. the lovely owner told us precisely which ingredients she used, which was very friendly and helpful. The pasta salad normally contained goat cheese, but she made it without for us.
We asked if she had vegan desserts, but that wasn't the case. If we would have made a reservation a day in advance and said we were vegan, they would've made sure we had some vegan dessert options, which again, was super friendly!

I recently (begin 2018) checked the menu again and saw that they now have several vegan lunch AND dessert options. So if I ever go back to Utrecht, I will definitely visit HOOI again.

Pros: cute and cozy, tasty and fresh, very helpful

Return to Utrecht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hooi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.