Hoffman's Ice Cream

• Ice-cream Ice Cream
    ( 1 review )

569 Church St (at Route 71 ), Spring Lake, New Jersey, USA, 07762

Ice cream shop with vegan options as of September 2019. Vegan choices include: vanilla soft serve, and dole whip (rotating flavors of pineapple, mango, raspberry, strawberry, orange, lemon, and lime). Option to twist dole whip with vanilla soft serve. NOTE: Reported to use non-vegan Reese's as a topping, ask for it without. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

1 Review

First Review by VeganFoodie2

VeganFoodie2

Points +17

23 Jul 2020

Disappointed

I was so looking forward to their dairy-free Dole Whip options after spending the day at the beach. For various reasons, I take my diet very seriously. It was disappointing when the first order of Dole Whip included some non-dairy Reese's mixed in with the strawberry topping. However I didn't actually eat it and I recognize that they're busier than usual during this heat wave, so I just asked for a new one after showing them the Reese's. I find it unacceptable that a second order would be served also containing Reese's. When we asked for a refund, the waiter smirked at my partner and I, questioned us, treated us as though a nuisance, and failed to offer an apology. Hoffman's was a major disappointment. I could excuse the blunder if the employees seemed to care even a little bit. I advise anybody following any sort of diet, or anybody who cares about integrity in food service, to avoid Hoffman's. Although I didn't have the opportunity to seek any out, I'm sure there are better places in the area more deserving of the Vegan dollar. To Hoffman's: please do not advertise to Vegans or claim products to be dairy-free, if you can not serve them as such.

Pros: 1 vegan option

Cons: Cannot manage to serve the 1 vegan option

Return to Spring Lake Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hoffman's Ice Cream closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.