First Review by xsamx

Specials really are Specials - Edit

While the Harmony Bowl is always great (steamed veggies and braised tofu cubes over brown rice with an excellent sauce), each day there is a new offering that is totally worth checking out. There is somewhat of a pattern: on Wednesdays you can expect a Mexican style offering that is always top notch. And on Fridays, the vegan seaside cakes with slaw and dirty mashed potatoes and gravy is clearly the fan favorite. The ginger-lemonade drink is a great experience with a good zing to it. Prices are decent and the service is really quick! You order and pay up front so when you are ready to go - you just go. Almost forgot - dessert. The carrot cake. It's a big portion and will leave a long lasting good impression.

Pros: fast, real tasty offerings, friendly atmosphere

Cons: only open for lunch, not open on sat-sun

Change of Dining Format - Edit

Recently, the High Noon changed dining formats. Now...you have a choice of the Special of the day or the Harmony Bowl. Also...soup of the day and dessert of the day. One orders at the counter, sits down, then when your name has been called, you go get your food. It is quick and efficient...and the Daily Specials are really good as is the Harmony Bowl in case the Special on a given day is not your cup of tea. The food is as good as it has ever been and maybe even better! Try it for I think you will like it!

Pros: Food is great, Quick preparation, Efficient operation

Cons: Not as much choice as previous dining

My Favorite Local Place - Edit

I eat here often and Have loved everything I have tried! I often order the Messy Mushroom (beet burger with sauteed mushrooms and onions) Which actually is not on the menu anymore. They are only open for lunch, but have special dinners every now any then including local Farm-To-Table events.

Pros: Delicious, Great Service

Cons: only open for lunch

High Noon - Edit

This place is in a shared location with a health-food/co-op type of grocery store and small "alternative" bookstore. Cool little place.

If you grade on the curve, giving credit for being in Mississippi, this place is 5 Cows.

The food was just OK. The service was great.

A+ for effort and worth a visit if you want to go out for lunch or dinner in Mississippi.

Vegan in the Magnolia State - Edit

It's too bad xSamx did not have a good experience at this place. Maybe things have changed since the four years and counting since he visited the place. I was skeptical at first but the positive reviews on Yelp peaked my interest. Reviewers on said site hailed from Seattle, Oregon, California and insisted they knew what constituted good vegan fare (and I tended to agree) and they claimed this place had some of the best food.

Upon entering we witnessed all walks of life eating at the cafe. The building was near a medical complex so many of the patrons donned their scrubs. We ordered taco soup, potato salad, and a Reuben sandwich. The taco soup was incredible, the potato salad was the best veganized potato salad I ever had, and the Reuben was pretty good. I do not know when I'll ever be in Jackson again but this place will certainly be a destination. The prices tended to be on the high side but it's worth it considering your surroundings.

Pros: Great food, Potato Salad

Cons: Pricy

We love it! - Edit

We have eaten there a few times now. My fav is the seaside cakes that are the special on Fridays. My daughter loves the "fried PB &J" and my husband's favorite so far is the messy mushroom (I think it is a beet burger). What I like most, is I don't have to worry about if what I am ordering is vegetarian and healthy.

Pros: Healthy, excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: wish they were open for dinner

Best Veggie Burger Ever - Edit

The beet-burger at the High Noon Cafe is hands down the best veggie burger I've ever had. It's nice to have a place where I can eat delicious food without worry about whether or not I'm eating clean and healthy food.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, clean & healthy food

Lackluster - Edit

As a band with four vegans in it, we were quite excited to hit an all-vegan cafe in Jackson. Unfortunately, both the quesadilla and the no-meat burger were not worth their price at all; poor or no taste, extremely small portions; not to mention strange service. We had a much better experience at the surprisingly vegan friendly Aladdin across the street. We will not be returning to High Noon Cafe.

Pros: All-vegan

Cons: Food taste, Food proportions, Price

Return to Jackson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has High Noon Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3193 times since Aug 2007.