Half Fast Subs

Contact 303-449-0404

1215 13th St (at Broadway), Boulder, Colorado, USA, 80302

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sandwiches and salads. Has tempeh, tofu, portebello mushroom, eggplant, and other veggie options.

Category: American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sgschein

Unimpressed - Edit

After reading great reviews and seeing many vegetarian options for sandwiches, my son and I were eager to try it. We went and had to deal with impatient staff taking our order. I ordered a portabella mushroom sandwich without the pesto sauce since they didn't have a vegan option and no cheese. The man knew we were vegan. When my sandwich came it was mostly bread with very little toppings in the middle. I took a bite and was surprised at how creamy it was, only to discover they had left the cheese on and it was melted into the mushrooms. I'd only been vegan a few months so I tried to eat it so it the food wouldn't be wasted and I manage to eat half of the "large" sandwich before my stomach ache got to bad. The sandwich didn't taste good and it was made wrong. I can't recall my son's choice of sandwich while his wasn't made wrong he was underwhelmed as well. We really wanted to like this place but it was awful.

Pros: None

Cons: Mostly bread, May not be vegan if staff is careless, Impatient staff

Contributions +501

Great Vegan Subs - Edit

Whenever we're in Boulder we stop here to grab a few of their Thai Tempeh subs because they're so good. It's hard to find parking and can be a long wait sometimes because it's a popular place, but it's worth it. If you're craving a sub this is a great place to fulfill that craving!

Pros: great food, good value

Cons: hard to find parking

What a surprise! - Edit

My girlfriend and I stopped in there the other day on the recommendation of a friend.
Both of us are recent vegetarians, still struggling to figure out how to avoid bland veggie meals when we dine out.
We enjoyed the thai tempe sandwich and caprese salad at half Fast Subs on the Hill here in Boulder.
The selections were spot on. What a pleasure to have found a dining option with a plethora of vegetarian options.
Can't wait for our next visit back.

Pros: over 20 veggie sandwich choices, good salad selection, ice cold beer

Return to Boulder Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Half Fast Subs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1244 times since Mar 2008.