First Review by Mister K

yummy vegan Food - Edit

I like the restaurant a lot. Tasty vegan food. One of only a few restaurants in the city wich are totally vegan. Changing menu due to saison all food. They even have a streetfood place at the marketsquare from Tuesday to Thursday in August. Maybe even longer. Tried the Gemüsepuffer - yummy!

Pros: fresh and saisonal , good to reach

Not worth it - Edit

Unhealthy and tasteless cooked vegan food. We ordered 2 most popular main course dishes and we couldn't even eat it, it was that bad.

Pros: Friendly waitress

Cons: Unhealthy and tasteless food

Wonderful! - Edit

We decided to take a last-minute weekend trip to Rostock, and luckily our Airbnb was almost around the corner from here. Our host had also independently recommended it. We went on a Friday night, and luckily found a place to sit at a table with another couple, it was packed, even at the bar. There was an acoustic hip-hop duo that were playing live, so that might have been why. The food was delicious! The menu changes often to accommodate for seasonal ingredients. They were a bit understaffed, so the service was a bit slow, but also very friendly. I don't think they were expecting that many people. I really recommend the tempeh-taler to start out with...the sauce that came with it was amazing, and the tempeh is made from lupini beans, which is a nice alternative from those wishing to avoid soy. The ambiance is also really nice, like a traditional German pub. They have a wonderful selection of teas as well. We'll definitely go back during our next visit to Rostock.

Pros: Friendly service, Seasonal menu, nice ambiance

Cons: service a bit slow when full

Return to Rostock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gruene Kombuese closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.