Grotemeyer Cafe

+049-25142477

Salzstrasse 24, Muenster, Germany, 48143

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop/pastry shop with many vegan options like different cakes, a big variety of filled chocolates, petit fours and colorful marzipan figurines. You can sit outdoor or indoor in a classic, but modern, atmosphere. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-7:00pm, Sat 9:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Bakery, European, Non-veg

First Review by falafffel

Nice - Edit

Traditional German coffee house right in the city center annex a nice little pastry shop.

I did not buy anything in the shop, but they seem to have various delicious vegan chocolates and marzipan.

My rating is only about the coffee house part which is located upstairs, it has a beautiful view on the "Erbdrostenhof", a famous baroque private mansion.

The coffee house has always a vegan option. The day I visited that was a vegan fruit cake. It was nice, but not very special, I guess I missed whipped cream . It was really a pity they did not have any plant-based whipped cream or milk for the coffee. Since I really like to have my cakes with (vegan) cappuccino my visit was not as great and relaxing as it could have been. But atmosphere and view are nice. The staff is very friendly.

Pros: always a vegan option, friendly staff, nice view

Cons: no vegan "dairy", not many vegan options in the coffee house

Grandparents' cafe with vegan options - Edit

This is a funny place: In every city in Germany there is a cafe like this and usually you would find older people here ordering very classic filter coffee and some cream cakes with it. This is the first cafe of this kind I have encountered which has vegan options: In our case, it was only the apple streusel cake, which is exactly what I expected at such a place. The cake tasted nice, the coffee was standard, staff was extremely nice and knew about veganism.

As a plus, they also sell Pralinen (little artisan chocolate treats) in the basement, a lot of which are vegan. We had a selection of 10 and we loved most of them. Some have alcohol in it so make sure to specify if you don't want that!

Pros: Vegan options at a classic German cafe, friendly staff, vegan pralinen

Return to Muenster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grotemeyer Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.