• Grillbird

Asian
Fusion
Hawaiian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small locally-owned Hawaiian-Japanese fusion shop with lots of vegan food and knowledge of veganism. Offerings include appetizers (spring rolls, fried cauliflower); teriyaki entrees (tofu, sesame tofu, sesame cauliflower); sides (greens, cabbage salad with vegan dressing, noodles, rice). Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Venue map for Grillbird
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by veganhotpotato

happypants

Points +264

11 Dec 2022

Hit the spot!

I got the tofu bowl - the tofu was battered and crispy in the best possible way! It came with bok choy that was yummy too. On top of brown rice (white was an option too) and covered in delicious teriyaki sauce. I didn’t ask if any of the sides were vegan. That one delicious menu item was all I needed!

It did come with extra sauce and I did dump the whole container on my bowl before even taking a bite (because sauce!) it was too much. Next time I will use at least a tiny bit of restraint.

vmarinda

Points +297

28 Nov 2021

Easy go-to

Our go-to is the Sesame Tofu and Cauliflower. Always fried perfectly and the glaze/sauce is flavorful with the perfect amount of spice to it, just a little bit. My partner and I will grab Grillbird roughly every other month and will share the dish between the both of us. We’ll make the side that comes with the Sesame Tofu and Cauliflower all cabbage and add the vegan dressing.

veganhotpotato

Points +18

12 Sep 2021

Worst tofu

I had their tofu almost 2 months ago and it still haunts me. It was not pressed or seasoned and it was barely cooked with a sour aftertaste. I’ve been veg for 12 years and it’s the worst tofu I’ve ever had.

Pros: Spring rolls are good.

Cons: Bad tofu