First Review by AlessandroPalmesi

worth every penny - Edit

in a quaint street in the heart of Rome you will find all the chocolaty goodness a vegan's heart could desire. Bought a whole bunch of things because everything just looked so tempting and everything tastes SO GOOD. The lovely lady behind the counter was so kind and helpful, offering advice and offering to explain what individual things were without me even having to ask. Quality service. Quality chocolate. Just an all - round fantastic experience!

take time out to visit - Edit

Rome is full of shops selling ice cream, some have vegan options. I recommend you give them all a miss and make time to visit Grezzo for some quality ice cream, desserts and chocolates to go. The ice cream cost compares to other places. Chocolates are pricey but feel like s treat - treat yourself!

Delicious Vegan Treats - Edit

I had some of the gelato and a brownie, both were delicious for someone who appreciates unique flavors that are not drowned out by tons of sugar. Both were just sweet enough for me, I find most deserts in the US to be way too sweet. Very friendly staff, in a nice, clean, cozy little place.

Pros: Delicious, Low Sugar, Clean & Friendly

where to start.. - Edit

I think the fact that we spent €36 between two of us says it all. We got ice cream and truffles, and even got a couple of little cookies for free thrown into the mix. The girl working there was wonderful too, so lovely and helpful! Couldn't believe that such an upmarket chocolate shop exists. The ice cream is fairly priced, however chocolate truffles are a little more expensive.

Pros: lots of choice, fantastic service , high quality

Cons: quite expensive

Amazing! - Edit

The nutty ice creams are out of this world and the chocolates and cakes intensely incredible! A memorable experience!

Pros: The ultimate ice creams and cakes, Beautiful neighbourhood

Cons: I wish it had been bigger

Excellent quality - Edit

I visited briefly Grezzo Raw Chocolate on my way to the station, the place is small but there are a couple of places to sit down, we had a coffee, a brownie and a kind of tiramisu, everything was excellent, you pay for the quality but it's definitely worth it, we even got 6 hand-made pralines to take away as a present! If you love your chocolate and you are in Rome, don't miss it!

Pros: Excellent chocolate and cakes, Very close to the train station

Cons: Not cheap (although the price is justified)

Interesting concept! - Edit

It is amazing that there is a place like this! Pastry store 100% vegan I guess it's a very rare thing (I don't have none in my country). I went there in the end of September this year and I love what I had the opportunity to try but I have to say the chocolate truffle was my favorite.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 29, 2015

Pros: Concept, Quality

Cons: Price

awesome raw chocolate - Edit

What a find in Rome! We enjoyed their delicious chocolate gelato and got a big bar of raw chocolate to go. We savored it for a few weeks and remembered how much we love this shop!

Pros: high quality ingredients, no refined sugar

Gourmet - Edit

I am a big fan of this place since the very first moment it opened.
Their ice-cream is just fabulous, and their chocolate and cakes too. You can truly taste real flavours, no artificial sugars added.
Their staff is nice and professional and their website is clear and well structured. It is possible to shop online.

Pros: Excellent products, Nice Staff, Central

Great vegan glutenfree desserts, more thn chocolat - Edit

It is not cheap, but worth every penny. Desserts made with almond and coconut cream, nuts, berries and raw organic chocolate. We had the pistachio gelato - heavenly! as well as chocolate gelato, tiramisu, and a mostly chocolate dessert. Smooth and rich, but not too rich - the chocolate and nut flavors come out. Nice little modern shop with a few chairs and tables. On the same street - Via Urbana, we saw a few restaurants that look like they have good vegetarian and vegan options that weren't yet listed on Happy Cow. A good neighborhood for veg food.

Pros: Vegan, Heavenly taste

Cons: expensive

Wow!!! Just fabulous - Edit

This store is a gem - raw vegan chocolates, cookies, smoothies and desserts. All look like little art pieces and taste incredible. We had the cacao maca
smoothies, raw cacao ice-cream (with almond milk) and bought lots of treats. No more expensive than any gourmet chocolate / ice-cream store. Really friendly staff, attractive seating area and wifi. Highly recommended.

Pros: totally delicious, really cute store, friendly staff

Cons: none

all vegan raw chocolate shop! - Edit

We arrived just before they opened, so we were the first customers of the day. The display case of cakes up front just invited us in. The counter in the back had chocolates, single serving cakes, gelato and more. We tried so many different items as we wanted to try as much as possible. It was all delicious! There are a few tables with stools to sit at. The store overall is very nice and upscale with helpful staff. Definitely make a point of coming here!

Pros: raw vegan chololate, lots of items to choose from, nice shop

heavenly - Edit

incredibly devine sweet temptations from a passionate proprieter. Smoothies, gelati, cookies, chocolate, desserts...
ciao, grazie! to my favourite vegan treats. I am so sad to leave Rome. If i lived here i would be your most loyal customer!
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 02, 2015

Gorgeous Raw Sweets! - Edit

Very fine place where you can find several sweets like raw tiramisú, an orgasmic brownie with chocolate and hazelnuts, sacher, a fantastic mousse of pineapple and whit chocolate , a good choice of ice cream and other raw delicious stuff. Almost all is hand made and sugar free.

Locations is very easy to find , near the subway station "Cavour".
The staff is very friendly.
This is a must when you are in Rome.

Pros: Quality Of Food, Taste, Friendly Staff

Cons: Prices A Little Bit High

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grezzo Raw Chocolate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.