GreenSoul

Contact 034135055591

Johannisallee 7, Leipzig, Germany, 04317

Food is vegan with the exception of lacto-vegetarian desserts. Uses oat or soy milk for coffee drinks, and makes several types of vegan ice cream. Offers business lunch which includes a starter. Est. 2015 east of the city center. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic

First Review by Plantpower

The reviews didn't lie-Amazing! - Edit

This place is really awesome. It has sort of a laid back cottage chic feel about it, if that makes sense. On one side you can sit and read a book while you have some coffee and dessert...it looks very comfy. We came here for lunch on a Saturday while in Leipzig for the day and it wasn't very busy. The food was amazing though. Most things are vegan and are very clearly labeled. I had the mediterranean burger with sweet potato fries that came with some basil aioli that was really good. My husband had wild mushroom gnocchi that had a squash purée and sage "butter" that was topped with hazelnut shavings to resemble parmesan. I stole a bit and it was really good. I work as a personal chef, so I always love walking away from a restaurant feeling inspired by the flavours and creativity. The staff was also very friendly and unpretentious. I'll definitely go back on my next trip to Leipzig because I was too full to try a dessert and they looked really good.

Pros: Seasonal menu, Creative flavours

Good, interesting food - Edit

Really nice food at a good price. I was surprised by the beetroot risotto, which initially seemed like a strange combination but tasted great! Helpful and friendly staff and a nice environment.

Pros: Really nice food

Go to Liepzig so that you can eat at Green Soul - Edit

We spent a lovely evening at Green Soul. The food was fantastic, the place is beautiful, I can't say enough good things about it.

We ordered the Goulash and a Seitan Dish. Both portions were large, we couldn't order more after that.

The place is recently refurbished, done in a very minimalist fashion, with old furniture. At night, the lighting is dim and romantic upstairs, more family oriented downstairs. The owner has put in a lovely kids room downstairs, so kids feel comfortable while their parents eat.

It was about 10 minutes from the train station by car, we didn't try the public transportation, but there seems to be a tram nearby.

The prices were very reasonable for dinner about 10-12E for the main entrees.

All of the staff was very gracious, we will definitely come back!

Pros: Fantastic food, Reasonable prices

Cons: Not in center

NICE! - Edit

Awesome food. all vegan unless it states "vegetarian" in the menu - as it should be :-)
I loved the fact that there are only 5 main dishes in the menu which they all do very well (and they were all vegan). Drinks are all labeled if they're vegan, too.

Return to Leipzig Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GreenSoul closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1412 times since May 2015.