First Review by Laui

Great Find in Downtown - Edit

Lots of vegan options. Simple and Healthy. creative space and customers. Wonderful service from 2 hardworking, young individuals.

Pros: Fresh Juice. Simple and familiar options. Healthy

Cons: Can be heavy on the processed, meat alternatives d

Green Point - Edit

I had the tofu burger which isn't like the one in Laguna Niguel at Taco Loco, butt it was alright and a bit to much tofu. I had the fries and the tofu shake which came to 57.00 KN.

Can't miss it. It's on the corner. Only indoor seating and nice inside. Friendly staff.

Pros: Friendly staff, Åccepts credit cards, Great location

MUST VISIT!!! - Edit

I visited Green Point twice during my 2 & 1/2 day visit to Zagreb. Both times I ordered the seitan burger. At only 25 Kuna, it is definitely worth the price!! My burger was loaded with veg and i was offered vegan mayo at no added cost. On the first visit I had one of their smoothies, as recommended by the lovely member of staff, and on the second visit I had yummy fries and a local pale ale.
If you are visiting Zagreb, a vegan or otherwise, PLEASE give this place a visit!!

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly, Delicious

Cons: No air conditioning, No english menu, Vegetarian, not all vegan.

Greaaat food! - Edit

I love this place :)
Good food (eating vegan), falafel, burguers, smothies and soy shakes look delicious!! They have also some raw food!
People are very nice and speak English, good prices: 23kunas (3eur) for falafel.. 25kn for a greaaat seitan burger!! I love all the burguers but Seitan is really the best (biggest) one!
The place is pretty nice, wifi, and in the very centre of Zagreb! I recommend it indeed! and I'll keep going there..

The only thing I really don't like about them, is that they use plastic-paper dishes, containers :( They would be perfect if they wouldn't at least when people eat on place..
Updated from previous review on Wednesday May 11, 2016

Pros: nice, cheap, great

Cons: uses paper/ plastic dishes

Friendly place - Edit

Really nice food and smoothies at great prices. Easy to get vegan food. The new seating makes it really comfortable to relax when visiting Zagreb.

Pros: friendly staff , lot's of vegan options

Fast and friendly. - Edit

Green Point is super central and a great place to get a quick vegan or veggie take away meal. They recently expanded into the next door shop an snow offer seating. If you want a good burger this is the places to go. The staff we dealt with had good English and were knowledgeable about what they served that is vegan or not.
Shame that the chocolate covering on the biscuits isn't vegan!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 29, 2015

Returned to Green Point in August 2015 and enjoyed a great seitan burger and grilled (fried in batter) mushrooms with loads of mayonnaise followed by a good green smoothie. Still quick and cheap wish there was one of these places in London!

Pros: Quick good food, Central, Inexpensive

Cons: Not all vegan

OK food, somewhat chaotic organization - Edit

We ate here twice, giving us a chance to sample a good number of things on their menu. The food is OK but nothing special. It is fast food of course, so what you get are veggie burgers, deep fried mushrooms and other similarly healthy options.

What bothered me was the chaos that our orders turned into. There were not many customers but staff still seemed overwhelmed. I got the wrong smoothie at first and when we got the check at the end, there were several mistakes in it. It never occurred to me to double-check on the spot, so we ended up overpaying (not by much but still, when you key in orders straight away, they should show up on the check correctly).

Pros: central location

Cons: somewhat chaotic organization

A good choice for a vegan quick eat! - Edit

Situated at the very city centre, it's great when you're a vegan in a rush. On the other hand, as they expanded the place, you can sit if you want to enjoy your meal.
The juices are super great. Seitan recipe is delicious, and so are the falafels. And I really liked their hemp pasta with wok-vegetables, just wished it had more spices+salt.
One of the most important things is that the staff knows what they're selling! They acknowledge your food preferences and modify the recipe to make it suit you (they offer vegan soy mayonnaise, the avoid food you're allergic to,...).
Even though it is fast food, you can feel the difference from regular fast food after eating - no smells, burps or that bloated feeling.

Pros: in the city centre, fast and yummy, great staff,delightful&know their food

Cons: some stuff could have more spices

It's fine... nothing special but ok. - Edit

I had a hemp burger and was happy enough with it. Rather bland but certainly nothing to complain about. The woman working there was friendly, the food was prepared fast. I took mine away and ate sitting in the nearby square, people watching. It's a great location if you are looking for a quick bite to eat in a central area.

Pros: Cheap, Convenient central location, Good staff

Cons: Bland

It's alright - Edit

I tried seitan burger and soy milk shake with bananas. The seitan burger was really bland but other than that it was ok.
Soy milkshake is overpriced and also bland. The good thing is that you don't have to wait for your food to be prepared too long.

Pros: It's not really crowded

Cons: Some things overpriced

Okay for quick bites - Edit

I ate here a lot, it's good for times when you want to have a quick bite. Not the healthiest option though, it's more of vegan fast food.

I like their smoothies, you just have to ask for no honey or agave added if you're vegan or you just don't want or like it, as they add sweetener if you do not tell them not to.

I would recommend their hemp burger with spicy tomato sauce, and falafels also, they're quite good. Other things on the menu are either not vegan or just not appealing to me.

Pros: Located in city center, Quick and friendly staff, Fresh smoothies

Cons: No seating place, Not healthy, Poor menu options

Can't recommend it - Edit

I was happy when I heard a vegetarian fast food had opened in the city centre. So, first, I tried a smoothie made with soya milk. I didn't want any sweetener because I knew banana would make it sweet enough, just like it does when I make smoothies at home. The smoothie lacked flavour and (sweet) taste, it obviously lacked - fruit.

The next time I tried one of the wok dishes - rice with tofu stir fry. If all vegetables are chopped in advance, stir-frying shouldn't take more than 5 minutes in a hot enough wok. But, for some reason, they had it stir-fried in advance. The rice wasn't kept warm in a rice cooker. I ordered brown rice - it was overcooked and mushy (see photos). I didn't think that was possible with brown rice. I had trouble identifying one stir-fry ingredient, but in the end I recognized it - overcooked limp bamboo shoots. The dish was room temperature. They serve their wok dishes in disposable plastic containers and with plastic cutlery even if they are to be eaten in the restaurant (also, there are no seats), but that doesn't affect my rating. I only rate the food.

It took me many months to try something else there. A few months ago I ordered a hemp-burger. It was rather bland and lacked umami. There are many vegan ingredients that can be used to add umami to burgers: soya sauce, miso, umeboshi vinegar, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, sauerkraut, nutritional yeast... Vegan food can, and in many restaurants does, taste very umami and satisfying.

A couple a weeks later I ordered a seitan burger because I was hungry. It was equally bland.

Green Point is not a representative of vegan food. I wouldn't like for some meat-eaters to try it and then conclude that all vegan food is bland, and that it can't be made tasty without any ingredients of animal origin because - that's simply not true. Tasty vegan food can be found in Zagreb.

If you want a vegan burger, try Vegehop (they have a stand at a nearby mall). If you want a stir fry, try one of the conventional Chinese restaurants serving tofu (but check with the waiter if the dish is vegan before ordering).

Pros: cheap, location

Cons: bland, tasteless, flavourless, stir fries served at room temperature, overcooked and mushy brown rice

Vegan fast food - Edit

In the center and the perfect place to eat a burger if you don't have enough time.I had 2 burgers and my girlfriend ate wok-nudles... it was good but not the best things we ate in zagred! but of course it wants to be fast food and thats what you get - good and cheap fast food! :)

Pros: Friendly, Cheap, Good fast food

Cons: Not that healthy at all ;-), no place to sit

Worst. Burger. Ever. - Edit

This is vegetarian fast food at its worst. Lovely staff - it looked promising - but stale bread, drowned in mayonnaise with old produce and a deep fried "burger" made this a terrible experience. My friend and I both threw our burgers out, feeling like we were doing more harm to our body than good. Go for your own experience - but we won't be coming back, sorry Green Point.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: The taste of the burgers , Don't fool yourself - this is not "healthy"

Staff is unfriendly, food is ok - Edit

We Where there 4 times. The food was ok, but a little bit disappointing.The staff was every time unfriendly. There is nothing to sit. It was rainy outsite and we had to go out, because she don't allow to sit on the stairs...

Pros: cheap, central

Cons: unfriendly staff, nothing to sit

Good and cheap fast food, vegan friendly - Edit

Green Point is a little take-away place right in the centre of Zagreb. They have a good selection of salads, sandwiches and burgers. The salads are fantastic (especially with the dressings they offer), the burgers on the other hand were, though yummy, a bit blunt. There is only a long bar table, but no chairs, so you cannot really stay there and eat your food in a comfortable way. Staff are friendly and helpful and accustomed with vegan requests.

Pros: cheap, great salads, great staff

Cons: no tables or chairs

Good'n'Cheap - Edit

A little place located close by the center. The burgers and the shakes are really good. The prices are cheap and the food yummy. You can't eat in the restaurant. They are really vegan friendly they even have a soya cream "cheese".

Return to Zagreb Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Point closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4465 times since Apr 2012.