Great Vegi Land

Contact 408-735-8040

562 S Murphy Ave (at Hwy 82), Sunnyvale, California, USA, 94086

Chinese vegetarian restaurant in the Bay Area with many mock meat dishes. Food is all vegan. Tue-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm, Tue-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Asian

First Review by veg4life

Delicious food in large quantity - Edit

I asked the owner to recommend me a good dish. His recommendation was superb : number 77 - broiled tofu with vegetables( brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli) and brown rice.

They dont serve onion on garlic on this restaurant Or white rice - lol

you should totally try it! i am definitely coming back.

Good food, friendly staff - Edit

Their potato pancakes were great. Spicy string beans were excellent too. Family owned and very friendly.

But keep in mind that the place is not well heated - in the winter it is a bit cold inside.

Simply Amazing - Highly recommended - Edit

My wife and I followed the glowing testimonials we found online while on our trip in the US.

Of all the places we visited, this restaurant was by far our favourite. The food is excuisite and the owner/cook is just one of the kindest, sweet people we ever met.

A simple decor, nothing fancy, but the food was beyond what we could expect.

On our first visit, while ordering some different dishes, the man stopped us to tell that we were ordering too much food, and he was right, the dishes were larger then we expected. You won't leave hungry.

We even went back on another day bringing some friends with us and we all ordered different dishes.
It was all great tasting food and we loved it.

A hard working man who runs the whole restaurant by himself and who just knows how to make really tasty and healthy food. We fell in love with the guy right away.

The Veg-noodle soup and curry-veg dish were our personal favourites.

If you love home-cooked food that makes your tastebuds sing...
Highly recommended!

We loved it in every way

Pros: the kindest service, excellent price-value, super tasty

Cons: no cons, just awesome food

Simple & Delicious - Edit

Not fancy in appearance, but good, tasty chinese veg cuisine. I enjoyed the simplicity, reminds me of dining in similar places in Beijing.

Pros: good, authentic chinese veg cuisine, friendly service

Cons: cash only (not a big deal)

Love it - Edit

Hidden little gem. Discovered while in town for Business. Too bad I didn't check it out the first night or I would have eaten there every night. Did get in two fantastic meals. First night ordered the Kung Pao veggie shrimp. Fantastic spicy dish! They can spice it to your request. Second night the owner/cook suggested the Spicy Tofu clay pot. It was also just as delicious. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was cash only which was the only drawback but not a big deal. Very extensive menu. If in the area, definitely check it out!

SO Good! - Edit

This place was great! The owners are so incredibly nice! They helped us find what we liked (although everything looked amazing) and they were very friendly.

The place is so cute and bright - it made me feel happy!

The food is absolutely amazing. It's fresh and delicious and should be tried by everyone. The tea that they give you is the best tea that I have EVER tasted!

Try this place if you're in (or within a few dozen miles) of Sunnyvale. It's well worth it!

Pros: Great service!, Delicious food, Cute atmosphere

The best veggie chicken - Edit

We just moved here from New York and were thrilled to find this place. Not only are they extremely friendly and helpful with menu suggestions, but they make the best veggie chicken between the Pacific and West 4th St.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly service, Relaxing atmosphere

New & Improved! - Edit

Great Vegi Land is new & improved! The new owner/chef, Victor, is very friendly and experienced at running a delicious vegetarian restaurant since he formerly owned Tasty Vegetarian in Campbell, CA, which my wife and I visited every Friday evening for about three years, until it closed. Great Vegi Land seems to be carrying on the tradition of serving great, healthy food at very reasonable prices. For those seeking a delicious vegetarian restaurant in the Sunnyvale, CA area, I highly recommend giving Great Vegi Land a try!

Pros: Great Chef, Delicious Food, Quiet Location

Like a totally new restaurant!! - Edit

Love the tofu skin wrapped vegetables, candied ham, chicken nuggets. Everything I eat there is wonderful. Brand new decor (as of 10/2006). It's quite, clean, great food. New chef. A must try for 2007!

Pros: clean, large menu, well-lit

Cons: none

Return to Sunnyvale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Great Vegi Land closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4602 times since Aug 2007.