First Review by gergana.gergova

Original and pleasant - Edit

A very familial environment with a very nice and friendly owner. The food was good but not exceptional - taste like eating at home basically.
The place is not only a restaurant but also a shop and a tea-room and this is making it very singular with a very relaxed atmosphere.

Pros: cute room, friendly owner, acceptable price

Delicious food, unique surroundings - Edit

We were fortunate to find our way to this place after finding an advertising sign in a vegan supermarket.
Although we arrived after traditional lunchtime (it was 3pm), we were greeted in a very welcoming way by the elegant and friendly owner.
It is a cafe combined with a shop selling beautiful books, yoga equipment and unique objects. A delight to the senses.
We had a wonderful and satisfying meal of dhal, mixed vegetables and rice. We added to this with a cup of chai, a mango lassi and many small sweet treats and the total bill was only €38.
We would definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Delicious vibrant food, Lovely owner, Beautiful decor and objects

Strange location but delicious food - Edit

This is a small cafe set up in a storefront that seems to be the front of someone's home. I went for lunch and there was a fixed price menu of that day's dahl, subzi and rice. It was 7 euros for a plate of whatever was prepared for the day. It was all vegan the day I went. I also ordered a vegan mango lassi, which was amazing and delicious. The woman working was very pleasant and spoke English. There seemed to be a lot of people getting take out, and all the tables inside were full. The food was good. It wasn't spicy at all.

Pros: vegan lassi, fast and delicious, speaks English

Cons: tables set up in a housewares shop, no menu choices

Not good for food - Edit

I've been to Govinda in Budapest and expected something similar unfortunately I was in for an unpleasant surprise. The plates were extremely small and yet very pricy and not tasty... The tables and chairs are garden furniture and the place itself is a shop... There are way better places in the area.

govinda.govinda Hello! I am very sorry to hear that the name of my shop was confusing for you! Actually, Govinda Vienna is a concept store built around the idea of providing a small, comforting oasis of well-being in the city. It is a shop where I invite my customers to brouse among a variety of things I consider part of creating well-being (bits and pieces for interior decorating, custom jewelry, but also yoga literature and some clothing). In addition, I serve coffee and tea, some home made sweets, and a daily vegetarian or vegan lunch special consisting of 3 elements including rice, lentils and a side of fresh organic vegetables! We are not part of a restaurant-chain! Again, my apologies for the confusion! With kind regards, Ilse (Govinda Vienna owner)

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4007 times since Jun 2011.