Genki Sushi

• Veg-friendly
Contact 808-632-2450

3-2600 Kaumualii Highway Unit 1804, Lihue, Hawaii, USA, 96766

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi chain restaurant. Has a few vegetable sushi rolls, plus edamame, salad, and tofu. Busy at lunch at dinner time. Staff understands when you tell them you are a vegan and will guide you in ordering. Can make 3 types of sushi (2 of which are not on the menu), inari, a seaweed noodle salad, two types of vegetable tempura dishes, and the deep fried tofu dish (also edamame).

Category: Ovo, Japanese, Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganmiss

Good. - Edit

Got my little Japanese fix on my visit to the island. Was able to get my usually Sushi house vegan fair. Largely fish, etc. on the menu, but can scour through the menu and ask questions. It was very busy when I went.

Enough vegan items -not the best quality, but fair - Edit

I think the vegan options are enough to keep this listing on Happy Cow. After saying we were looking for vegetarian items, the waitperson thought the manager would be able to help us better. She came out, and guided us through (asking if we were the type of vegetarians that avoided mayo or not) - after establishing that we also ate no egg (vegan), she guide us to: 3 types of sushi they could make (2 of which were not on the menu), inari, a seaweed noodle salad (where they could not make it with crab), two types of vegetable tempura dishes, and the deep fried tofu dish (also edamame). The quality was OK, nothing great, but the prices match this (pretty inexpensive for Hawaii) - $24 for 2 people for the above.

Pros: price, speed

Cons: only fair quality, portion sizes

Had a Great Lunch - Edit

I went here for lunch a few years ago and had a good meal. Not everything on the conveyor belt is vegan, but you can order separately off their menu. There are plenty of rolls and appetizers to choose from (edamame, cold tofu, etc.). It was quick and cheap. Loved the experience. It can be busy, though. I tried to go back with my mother earlier this year and there was a half an hour wait (it was around lunch time).

Pros: vegan options, fast food, cheap

Cons: can be a long wait

Return to Lihue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Genki Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1006 times since Dec 2011.