Gasthaus zur Kohlstatt

( 1 review )
0043-724244340

Ascheterstrasse 40 , Wels, Austria, 4600

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical countryside restaurant. Friendly staff. Has vegan choices; please inquire. Open Mon 9:00am-2:00pm, 5:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Sun 9:00am-2:00pm, Wed-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm. Closed Tue.

Categories: German, Austrian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by AvocadoSid

A single vegan option - but a good one! - Edit

The place itself is located very close to the river. It is a beautiful house with a very cozy and typically Austrian-country-side interior without being tacky. The staff was wearing traditional Dirndl and were extremely friendly.
The food options... weren't options. One single vegan meal in a sea of meat and fish, BUT the dish was really good and affordable too.
I had the chickpea patties with vegetables (which were technically supposed to be a pumpkin risotto but I didn't mind) and it looked stunning and tasted really good. I could taste how fresh it was and that they cared. The food was prepared fairly quick and my table mate's followed shortly after.
The price-value ratio is good, my dish costing 8,50€ whereas my meat eater friend's dish came to a whooping 14,90€. We both felt filled and happy, carrying our food babies around town (= to the car).
Definitely a good option if in town for one or two nights and wanting some traditional Austrian (but more quiet) vibes and friendly staff.

Pros: Sweet staff, Good pricing, Beautiful interior and exterior

Cons: Only one vegan option, No vegan dessert other than fruit salad

Return to Wels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gasthaus zur Kohlstatt closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.