First Review by AgaMaros

Not Vegan or Gluten-Free Friendly - Edit

This place is okay if you're a vegetarian and in tight spot, but their one vegan dish also has gluten. Plus their chili has barley in it. I ended up getting a side salad.

This place is also pretty gross. The waitress was loud and would yell across the restaurant to people. She ignored us even though we were one of three tables in the place. When she finally brought us water she stuck her fingers in the glasses to carry them. We were so thirsty--had just been hiking for five hours--and couldn't drink what she brought us! We ended up filling our water bottles with tap from the bathroom sink.

The food was not good. One guy ordered the A.L.T sandwich. He said it didn't taste good and he said the coleslaw was terrible. I tried it and told him the mayo had gone rancid. There was also the same mayo in his sandwich. We were in a rush to get our train and asked for the check, explaining why we needed it. Despite that, it still took them 20 minutes to bring our check. We just barely made our train. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone, vegan or meat-eater.

Pros: near the train station

Cons: slow service, gluten in most dishes, unreliable food

Not for Vegans - Edit

Happy Cow states that it's Vegan friendly but it's not. The staff does not even know what vegan means. There are only 2 options on the menu. For breakfast there is oatmeal and for lunch which only severs are 11am there is only a hummus sandwich. As much as I wanted to eat there and meet the locals I left without ordering :(. But for vegetarians and meat eaters there is plenty to eat.

Pros: Nice place

Cons: No vegan options

Benanavd 29 Jun 2016 - Did you see the wild lentil cakes? Also they have a tofu sandwich, which may not appear on the menu. I think also they can make the chili vegan.

Return to Cold Spring Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Foundry Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.