CLOSED: Flora

215-779-7945

307 Old York Rd, Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, USA, 19046

Open Nov 2014, this is a 16-seat BYOB restaurant serving vegetarian vegan cuisine in the form of 3 or 4-course seasonal menu. From the owners of Leila's Bistro and Forcella. Reservations are not required but suggested. Reported closed, Sep 2017.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western

First Review by mas

Delicious, delightful dinner! - Edit

I've been wanting to try Flora for a while and decided it would be a great place for a birthday dinner. Everything from the Dacar to the desserts were amazing. I brought definitely not vegan 90-year-old father, vegetarian son and his fiancée along to celebrate. All of us were delighted by the restaurant's offerings. We were served by one of the owners who took his time explaining the dishes to us. All of them are wonderful. Standouts included the shepherd's pie, the tomato and eggplant tart and the sweet potato and kale stew. The desserts were also outstanding. Portions are more than satisfying – in fact I had to force myself to finish dessert despite being stuffed and two of us brought part of our meals home. Highly recommend this lovely little place.

Good food and charming dining - Edit

Flora has a very small dining room with six or so tables which I found charming but others may find cramped. They only have a prix fixe menu and were cash only when we went. The food was really delicious and presentation lovely. My only complaint would be that we were still hungry after we left. The entrees were not very filling.

Pros: good food and service, charming

Cons: food not filling enough

Return to Jenkintown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Flora closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.