Finca Amanecer - Sunrise Farms

• B&B
Contact 011-50627791123

150 meters S of the London Bridge, Londres de Quepos , Quepos, Costa Rica, 06350

An eco-CommUNITY that serves vegetarian, vegan, raw and some non-veg diet. Meals available by request, for guests as well as tourists. Intimate Eco-Lodge experience with breakfast at hostel prices.

First Review by Morwinyon

taste & look before you book - Edit

The map is misleading. It is NOT in Manuel Antonio, it is NOT in Quepos, it is NOT a restaurant, it is NOT an eco- community, and it is NOT pure vegan nor vegetarian. In fact it is an expat runned temporary B&B in a tiny off road village, that also serve fish and meat. There are better alternatives nearby the main route, especially around Dominical.

Pros: could be interesting when u like expat talks!

Cons: they serve also fish and meat, cats and dogs in the kitchen, no menu; in fact: daily surprise plate

2 Responses

Elena makes it easy to be vegan abroad - Edit

Traveling abroad can be super tricky with dietary restrictions, especially when there is a language barrier. My husband and I visited Costa Rica a few years ago, and we found Elena's little compound by searching for vegan-friendly hostels on the internet.

The place is adorable and beautiful. I loved our room. The shower was a little twitchy, but it's a farm compound in the middle of a rural area in a foreign country. It worked, which is a lot more than I can say about some places I've stayed. I've read other reviews complaining about bugs. If bugs bother you, don't go to a rural area in a foreign country, seriously guys.

The FOOD was the best part. Elena cooked exciting vegan meals for us almost every day. Even when we went out, she was often with us, and so served as an interpreter to explain our vegan needs. I am quite certain that if she had not been with us, cooking and explaining, we would have eaten nothing but beans and rice for the duration of the trip. We were there over my husband's birthday, and she even baked a fantastic vegan carrot cake that was so excellent and amazing I still think about it.

If you are vegan and want to go to Costa Rica, this is the place to be, I swear. Elena knows all the great tourist things to do in and around Quepos as well. And for all the food and personal attention we got, this was a great deal.

Pros: reasonably priced, delicious vegan food, beautiful surroundings

Cons: Bugs, but only if you're lame

Return to Quepos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Finca Amanecer - Sunrise Farms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1434 times since Feb 2012.