Falafelle

n/a

1035 Ralston Ave, Belmont, California, USA, 94002

Vegetarian restaurant est. 2016. Serves falafel, dolma, tabbouleh, hummus, and other Middle Eastern food, vegans avoid the feta cheese option. Email: falafellerestaurant@gmail.com. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-3:30pm, 5:30pm-8:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern

First Review by alexandra_vegan

INCREDIBLE! - Edit

Falafelle has a very special place in my heart. Delectable food, an amazing owner and workers, and fast preparation times make Falafelle shine! Ever since I first visited a few years ago, the owner has remembered my face and made me feel very welcome when I come to visit. Their pita pockets with fresh falafel are so jam packed with flavor, crunch, and chewy-ness. Wether you appreciate spicy or mouth-watering flavor, the falafel pitas will surpass your every expectation - and they are quite filling! Falafelle is by far my favorite place to grab quick and tasty food in Peninsula!

Pros: Amazing falafel, Incredibly friendly service, Quick and great for packing on a hike or picnic!

great idea - Edit

Falafelle—Vegetarian Street Food. This is the welcoming sign in the window. I didn't see any options on the menu which were not vegan, but ask to be sure. The way it works is you read the overhead menu and place your order, then they make your choice to order right in front of you. In our case we ordered the Falafel Wrap which comes with 5 cooked falafel balls and a pita which they trim the top off of. They assemble the two and the you choose all the additions/toppings you'd like and they assemble your falafel in real time as you point and request the items. It's a great idea and turned out to be delicious. Seating is limited, if you'd like you can grab a to-go container and bring it with you. Highly recommended.

Best falafels I've had in years!!! - Edit

I have to respectfully disagree with the previous poster. These are the most authentic, old-world recipe falafel's I've had in decades. The flavor, texture and perfectly cooked-to order recipe brings me back to being a starving student at NYU and literally living on falafels in Greenwich Village. I've finally found a match!
The combo platter is amazing. Everything is so fresh & flavorful and there's plenty of it. The hummus, tabouli, and various salads they include are heavenly. I've had it four times in the past ten days!!

Pros: The young-couple owners are so sweet & friendly., The food is excellent and the portions very genero, I will be back again & again.

Fresh food - Edit

Staff is nice and enthusiastic. The food is freshly made and most of it vegan, the reason I am giving it 4 stars. The falafelle balls are too hard for my taste, and to be honest some of the worse I ever had, but this is their recipe, it's a matter of taste I assume. The dolma were very tasty, so was their tea. We tried the wrap and falafelle plate, both ok.
I will definetely come back to their place, I sure hope they improve their recipe for falafelle balls.

Pros: fresh, almost vegan place

Cons: bad falafelle recipe

Return to Belmont Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Falafelle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.