CLOSED: Ecopolitan

Contact 612-874-7336

2409 Lyndale Ave S (at 24th St in Twin Cities), Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55405

Non-profit ecological shop and 100% raw food restaurant built with non-toxic products. Supports sustainable living, education, local businesses and farmers. Uses purified water in food preparation. Shop sells juicers, dehydrators, books. Offers weekly lectures plus a monthly un-cooking classes offered followed by a raw vegan potluck - check its calendar. REPORTED CLOSED, SEP 2016. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, All Raw

First Review by r.matey

Ecopolitan is a very granola experience - Edit

The vegan is advertised, the raw foodism less so. The food is alright here, but know in advance that the "pizza" you order will be grains and lettuce and your drink will likely be room-temperature. This place is all raw, if you're interested in that, but for run-of-the-mill vegans looking for a more filling meal, you may be better off somewhere else.

Amazing Raw Vegan Place - Edit

I've stopped here each of the three times I've passed through Minneapolis, and I have to say this is one of my favorite vegan places in the country. It was my first experience with raw food ever; I was blown away the first time and I continue to go back whenever I have the chance. They really craft the raw dishes very artfully here, and they are quite delicious. Last time I had Taco Pizza and the Purple Kale Salad, both of which were great. They also have freshly made juices and amazing desserts. Everything made here tastes as though it just came out of a garden -- super fresh.

Pros: Raw Vegan = Super Healthy, Delicious

Cons: Not Cheap

Not a Raw foodist, but Loved This Place! - Edit

This restaurant is in a beautiful location right in the middle of hipster uptown. I haven't had much experience with raw dishes, outside of salads and that sort of thing, so I was pleasantly surprised when my tostada turned out to be amazing! I definitely want to go back and try one of their "cheesy" dishes. It's not the cheapest place, but I feel like the quality and presentation of the food, as well as our wonderful, friendly and helpful server, made up for the price. We requested a surprise smoothie, and he whipped us up something great! I would recommend checking this place out weather you are a raw vegan or not.

Pros: Great Fresh Food and Smoothies, Sparked an interest for me in raw dishes, Friendly Server

Good for some, not for all - Edit

I found Ecopolitan to be pretty overpriced. The two entrees I have tried, the Mac + Cheese and Pesto Pasta tasted only okay to me, at least for how much it was priced. And I personally didn't enjoy the Cheesecake dessert, but I also don't like dates so that could have been why. Their smoothies were really good though and I could see some of their items being good if I tried them. I also received decently poor service. I was not greeted when I came in or told where to sit, I figured I was supposed to seat myself and there were no clean tables available. A long wait for getting my order taken, as well as a long wait for the food (which is understandable though because it is all made fresh). Very good option for raw vegans in the city though.

Pros: Raw vegan options, Smoothies

Cons: Overpriced, Service

amazing raw food but leave the judgements to God - Edit

Fabulous raw food--one of the best so far in my travels! Had the surprise entree--the ahi tuna and loved the flavors and textures. When my travels bring me back to Minneapolis I will definitely dine here again. However, I was very offended by the server. She was efficient, but when I asked for recommendations she kept referring me back to the salads and other "light" entrees commenting that this was light. Yes I'm overweight and yes I'm eating raw and yes I'd like a nut-based entree. But what she didn't consider is that I started my raw journey this August for my health and have lost 41 pounds. There are many days I don't eat enough calories because of this lifestyle change and the fact that I'm on the road 80% of the week for work. I am making better choices now for my health and don't need her prejudiced filter when I ask for food recommendations. In my recent travels I have found wonderful raw restaurants in NY, Chicago, Atlanta and so on, due to Happy Cow, and every server and restaurant has been incredible warm, welcoming and helpful. So I was shocked to encounter this today, especially in Minneapolis and I did share how I offended I was with the server out of fairness. I don't hold Ecopolitan responsible and will come back when my travels find me here again. But I'm hoping the server will take pause and reflect on her prejudice and either change her thinking, or change her language with overweight customers.

Great option in MInneapolis - Edit

There are few vegan/vegetarian place in Minnesota, Ecopolitan is by far one of the best options for MN vegans. Very interesting, delicious food. Vegan dishes with bold, inventive flavors.
Good house wine and very friendly service.
Parking on the back. Moderate prices.
Highly recommended

longevity - Edit

Great to see a 100% place in the Midwest. I was on tour in STOMP 12 years ago and dined here. Now Im in tour again and am so delighted Ecopolitan has been doing the good work since and still today. This cafe serves organic. Order desert first with the coconut cream pie and date sauce. My girlfriends and I loved it so we sang songs about it all night.

Pros: longevity, juice cocktails, has more integrity than most anywhere you've ever

Raw Vegan Gem! - Edit

Since I was staying at The Commons Hotel on the University of Minnesota Campus I decided to run 4.5 miles to this organic, vegan and raw sanctuary. Serving both full meals and shakes and juices, the host instantly popped open a fresh coconut so I could replenish my electrolytes. The menu selections were creative, plentiful and mouth watering. Have you ever had a Sausage Deluxe Pizza with walnut mushroom protein? I haven't. Then there is the Falafel Wrap in a collard leaf; the Marinara Pasta; Flaxseed Tostadas: Rawvioli or the Surprise Entree where the chef creates you a special selection with no input. I selected the savory Hummus and Flax chips for a starter and the earthly Marinara Pasta served over Kale instead of spinach since raw spinach has oxalic acid (I eat it steamed) which interferes with calcium absorption. Both meals were spectacular. A bit pricey with smaller portions, but this expected at raw spots. Ecopolitan also sells raw healing foods, juicers, books and blenders and offers raw cooking classes. As Arnold would say, I'll Be Back!

Pros: Everything

cheese burrito is great - Edit

Ecopolitan is a gem in Minneapolis. It is one of the only restaurants where everything is organic, raw, and vegan. The staff is incredibly helpful in navigating the menu filled with delicious entrees, smoothies, juices, and desserts. Their most popular dish is the chili ‘cheese’ burrito which is also my favorite.

there is a parking lot on the side of the building accessible from the alley.

Pros: all vegan

Cons: sometimes slow service

Amazing! - Edit

I've been here several times. My goal is to eventually try everything on the menu. I've never had anything I didn't like. I try to take my non vegan friends here to show them how good plant based good can be!

Raw Vegan, yes! - Edit

My partner took me to the Ecopolitian and showed me the ropes. The food was superb quality and moderately priced for such good offerings. I tried several items on my 2 visits there and was impressed with everything that we ordered. I highly recommend this place for everyone, vegan and non-vegan alike. I would like a bit more variety of the main ingredients, but that is not a complaint. Do not miss this wonderful dining experience when you are in Minn.

Pros: Quality of food, Freshness of all products, Cost vs. quantity/quality

Cons: very close tables

Delicious and very filling - all organic, raw, vegan - Edit

I went to Ecopolitan on a recent trip to Minneapolis. The house salad was huge and only $4.50. Then I had the chili "cheese" burrito, which was amazing. No tortilla - just a really tender collard green wrapped around the yummy filling! They have an extensive menu so it was hard deciding what to get. Next time I am in this area, I will definitely go back!

Pros: all organic, extensive menu, cozy atmosphere

Raw vegan deliciousness - Edit

When visiting the beautiful city of Minneapolis, the one place I had to go was this little gem. Why? It's all vegan, so…. yeah. Support your vegan community, and the vegan community will support you right back with strong healthful and peaceful living!

Ok, with that said…. I have to say for the portions and the fact that this place is all organic, the food from my perspective is c-h-e-a-p. At other raw restaurants in big cities, the prices would deliver half the food, and it likely wouldn't be organic…. so, I have no complaints about price. I was actually shocked at how low the prices were in comparison to the quantity of food!

The smoothie and juice options are amazing. However, I didn't try them, because I was focused on the food, and by the time I was done, I was stuffed.

The uninitiated rawists can have a salad and smoothie, and they will be content. However, for those who are more adventurous or regularly do the raw thing, they have many nut and avocado based dishes to choose from that will fill you up. Because of the base of avocado and/or nut, a little bit goes a long way in calories and filling you up. A few of the entrees can be ordered a la carte, and then order a salad on your own or save room for a dessert/ smoothie. There is also a good amount of zucchini built into the menu, and flax seeds. These 4 ingredients were to be found solo or in combination in just about every entree.

The flavors stayed true to the ingredients, and nothing seemed overly dressed up by salt or seasoning. That is the mark of excellent raw food, because… the point is to celebrate the ingredients without adulteration, yes?

The desserts are also quite heavy and filling. One dessert is plenty to serve 2 people who aren't dying of hunger and have had the main course. They are mostly nut or seed based, pureed and/or dehydrated. So, don't expect an airy crumb like cake or madeleines. Pumpkin is always a favorite choice with the spices and creamy consistency in any raw repertoire, and this restaurant is no exception… it is exceptional though in the price - it's so cheap for what they give you!

If the menu had a bit more selection and variation to the entrees, namely, away from the 4 common bases mentioned (avocado, nut, zucchini, flax), I would give it 5 cows, but I did feel that if I had one entree, I pretty much had half of the entrees.

Still, when back in Minneapolis, there is no way I won't go back!

Pros: Organic, 100% vegan, Smoothies and desserts!, Filling and good prices!

Great food and dining experience - Edit

I am vegetarian and attempt to keep most days vegan. The idea of raw and vegan intrigued me. I was completely amazed at the presentation, taste, and quality of dishes at Ecopolitan. The server was helpful in guiding choices. The raw carob and blueberry pie for dessert was exceptional. The juice bar selections were great to accompany the meal. I plan to become a regular patron and look forward to the variety of dishes through the seasons.

Pros: Quality of food, Variety / creativity in dishes, Service

Cons: Stark atmosphere, Parking

what a nice find! - Edit

Food was unbelievable, service pleasant, the ambiance earthy and quite enjoyable. Can't wait to come back and try something new!

Pros: delicious, clean, healthy

Cons: none

Raw yum - Edit

So i'm a non-raw vegan, and I went here with my mostly vegetarian friend and we looooved their food. I rarely get dessert when I go out (maybe because veg desserts are hard to come by), but we ordered crazy spicy wheatgrass shots, an appetizer, meals, AND dessert. And a bloody mary. Everything on the menu sounded good, and everything we tried was insanely good. This place was busy, but managing the crowd well. Lots of tables had kids and skeptics and grandparents, and everyone seemed impressed with their orders. It was understandably priced, given the quality of the ingredients. I would totally recommend Ecopolitan

Pros: Spicy shots, Desserts, ALL dishes are good

Ecopolitan is delicious - Edit

Ecopolitan is delicious. I love their smoothies and juice bar. The recipes they have are flavorful and nourishing.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Flavorful food, Always vegan, gluten free, and raw

Cons: Some find it spendy

Accommodating - Edit

The food was pretty good, it's not for everyone's taste.They have really good smoothies. They are very accommodating, I have a walnut allergy, and when I mentioned it to them they directed me to choices on the menu without walnuts and the options that allowed substitutions.

Pros: friendly staff, accommodating, raw vegan

Cons: not for picky eaters

Vegan live food - Edit

We had dinner recently at Ecopolitan. We always eat there when in Minneapolis and have never been disappointed. This time we had a Savory Cassorole and Falafel Wraps. All were quite good. Desserts were excellent: a fig newton, coconut cream pie and pumpkin pie. Service was quite attentive and timely.

Pros: vegan, live

Highest quality food in the Twin Cities - Edit

Ecopolitan serves fresh, vital, well prepared, and really delicious food. Service was exceptionally good, too -- warm and helpful, with just the right amount of attention. The "taco salad" is surprisingly good. And there's a very tempting selection of fancy desserts.

I really can't complain about any aspect of Ecopolitan. I give it 5 cows on every count except value for money, which is about 4 cows. It's really high-quality food, prepared with care and skill, so it definitely deserves to be priced above the average, but the portions seem just a bit on the small side for the price, making it pricey to fill up, so it feels like a splurge.

My humble suggestion would be for them to offer at least 3 or 4 dishes that that offer more generous portions at more reasonable prices. It isn't necessary to lower the price of every dish on the menu, but adding a few more affordably filling dishes would be very welcome.

Pros: Excellent food - tasty and fresh, Great service, Menu has good variety

Cons: If you're quite hungry, it can be pricey

Food description does not match food received - Edit

The menu described full entrees and wholesome meals, what we received after ordering the Mac n Cheese and the Rawvioli, was not what we had anticipated. Both meals were served over lettuce and the food described was actually only 30% of the entire dish the rest was lettuce "filler".

Pros: healthy food, Delicious Juices, Fresh food

Cons: Over priced, Incorrectly described, Slow prep time

Good Raw Option - Edit

I thought that the Ecopolitan was very good; however, I felt that everything was abit pricey, I say that even factoring in the higher cost of raw/organic food. In Chicago we have places just as expensive but the portions are larger; with that said, I think quantity or prices can improve at the Ecopolitan.

We ordered the Tostadas (yummy!), veggies and ranch dip appetizer (good, but you get so little for ($6)), and the Thai Noodle dish (yuck - this tasted like soap). We actually mentioned that the Thai dish tasted like soap and the waitress did not hesitate to ask us if we wanted something different, so we opted for a raw pizza (100% better). Overall we were pleased with our meal; although service was a little slow, she did make up for it by replacing our meal.

Enjoyed the food & atmosphere - Edit

Despite what some are writing in the reviews here, I found the staff to be quite friendly and helpful. My husband ordered the pesto pizza with the faux sausage, and I had the macaroni and cheese. While we liked both, I think the pizza was especially good and would recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried raw before. I had a vanilla and almond smoothie--yum! We also had the ice cream parfait. We were very stuffed when we left. It is true that the food is expensive, but I don't know how it can be anything but, given that everything is organic and that they are using expensive ingredients like nuts. (Note: This restaurant is very tiny and they often have just one cook and one waitress on staff so if they suddenly get busy, a customer may have to be patient. In our case, the restaurant wasn't particularly busy and we were served right away.)

Pros: delicious, friendly staff, very filling

Great Food - Edit

I have read some of the negative reviews and I kind of know where the reviewers are coming from, but I also think the approach by the customers makes a difference. And overall the food is great and it's worth dealing with any drawbacks. At first blush, it seemed like the wait staff was a bit uninterested, but once I engaged them and seemed excited about the food (which I was!) the server responded in kind. I then had a great experience. Should it be the responsibility of the diner to set the tone? No, but then again I'm not a believer in a passive experience and I was not willing to be unhappy. Anyway, nothing can take away from the fact that the food was really good and I appreciate vegan restaurants. I am also willing to put up with a lot to avoid animal cruelty. I will definitely go back.

Pros: great food, nice ambiance, Vegan!

Cons: somewhat disinterested staff

Fantastic, flavorful, raw cuisine! - Edit

I was pretty amazed with the food here. Everything we tried was extremely flavorful, from the cashew "cheeze" log to the eco-sausage pizza, to the green burrito. The prices were quite reasonable for raw food, the servers were nice, and the food was just fantastic. The juices were excellent as well.

Many, many positives - Edit

Traveling through Minneapolis, I am really happy that my companions and I decided to make our one restaurant Ecopolitan.

Raw food is my absolute favourite and Ecopolitan offers just about all that one could hope for with a nice assortment of food (all organic), and drink (great smoothies, juices and organic wines) plus a good deal of products and raw food elements in their on-site shop.

Among our party of three, we ordered the 'raw'violi, the taco pizza and, listed on the menu, the 'surprise entree' for my friend who was overwhelmed with choice and couldn't decide.

The rawvioli, which I ordered, was okay. It consisted of cashew 'mush' sandwiched between what seemed like a thinly sliced root. There were 4-5 of these rawvioli pieces resting atop a nice salad. Unfortunately, the mix of these two elements wasn't overly tasty. Still, it was a good, filling, healthy meal. The taco pizza was enjoyed by everyone who tasted it; slightly spicy, light but filling and, again, healthy. The surprise entree was a bowl of zucchini pasta with a mix of fresh vegetables, lightly marinated. My friend, who ordered it, couldn't stop raving about how delicious it was. Based on the bite I took, it was very good.

For desert we each ordered a slice of pie from their display fridge. Everything in there looked amazing and what we tasted confirmed it!

I have somewhat of a hard time giving a 5 cow rating to a restaurant where I didn't particularly enjoy my entree but, considering all of the positives that come to mind beyond the taste of my meal - such as: amazing smoothies, organic wines, all day breakfast, free off-street parking, their own organic vegetable garden, the eco-shop, community involvement, etc. - I can't resist giving them the highest marks.

Ecopolitan truly is an excellent restaurant.

Pros: All organic, Very healthy, Health/eco shop on site

Cons: Somewhat expensive, Limited seating, Food isn't exceptional

I've been there many times... - Edit

As far as I know, Ecopolitan is the only raw food restaurant in Minnesota. For that reason, I love it. I bring friends and family to the Ecopolitan. I'm a vegetarian who loves raw meals and wants to support the wonder that is raw cuisine. Still. I have left Ecopolitian disappointed. If you go and don't enjoy your meal, don't discount the restaurant or raw food. I've had the most fantastic meals ever at Ecopolitan (80% of the time, great) and I've had really poor quality and because of that, over-priced meals. The service is a bit uninspired and slow. I can handle slow but in a place like this, I would like my server to care about the food.

Still, I would say try it! Ask questions before you order. And try a few things... appetizer or juice or dessert AND an entree. If you go with someone, share the entree and get an appetizer or two.

Update: 8/2011 I recently enjoyed a wonderful Ecopolitan meal with a friend. The service was much better than it was in the past. We both really enjoyed our food and juice.

Pros: unique, raw, usually quality

Cons: slow service, sometimes hit or miss

Go There If You Have Time... - Edit

As the only all-vegan and only raw restaurant in Minnesota, Ecopolitan has a lot to live up to. The first time I went, I only got juice. The second time I went, I went with two friends who are omnivores. We all got juice, and one friend got carrot juice. It was $6. I got the rawvioli, which was good, paid $15 for it. The service was slow though. I'll go back, because its the only place to get raw food.

Pros: All vegan, Healthy

Cons: Long wait

Great Food! Highly Recommended! - Edit

I've only eaten here a few times, and I loved everything that I had. They have really great smoothies and the hummus and flax crackers are just divine. Last time I was there I had the burger and for dessert a slice of coconut pie and both were really good. As a vegan it's nice to try something new and also support a local business and the only all vegan establishment in the Twin Cities. I always leave here feeling good because the food options are so healthy. The only downfall is that it's very pricey to eat here and the portions are on the small side. This isn't a place I can eat often because it always ends up being so much, but it is a nice special treat and I'm never disappointed. I've also had really excellent service everytime regardless of how many other patrons were there.

Pros: Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff, Excellent Food

Cons: Very Expensive, Small Portions

If you love raw food - Edit

I am not new to the vegan food thing. I have been vegetarian for 14 years. The last 8 years of those, I have been vegan. I love food and love to experiement with new food and I went to ecopolitan because it was the only 100% vegan restaurant in Minneapolis and we were here from out of town. Ecopolitan has a lovely atmosphere with a very cozy feel. The servers were vere nice. We opted for sharing a few appetizers. The flax crackers that they serve their dip on seem a little damp. The pine nut nacho cheese that we had was spicy which I like. The salsa and the Guacamole were alright. The cashew cheese log was five crackers and about 1.5 oz of dip for the appetizers, which we ordered a few of instead of having the meals. Overall, I think it's great that this restaurant is completely vegan and I respect that, as a vegan, especially if you are a raw foodist or this would be your first time experimenting with raw food.

Pros: Cozy Atmosphere, Comfortable seating, They sell a few bulk food items

Cons: small portions

Contributions +17

Great Food, Slightly Odd Atmosphere - Edit

The food was absolutely fantastic. Also, I was discussing with my relatives who were there why you shouldn't eat honey, and our server was nice enough to let us look at a poster about the subject that they had on the wall. The only thing I didn't like was that the atmosphere was a little weird. For example, our table was a glass disc on a planter, which was filled with dirt and a few seashells. The other thing was that the music was a little uncomfortable. Overall, though, it was a great restaurant.

Pros: Good food, Friendly Staff, Good selection

Cons: Dirtiness/ odd tables, Weird music

Great Food! - Edit

And our service was fine...the tables outside were packed, and there were 2 other tables inside besides us. No problems.

The organic wine list is great. The food is exceptional! We had the tostada with extra not-cho cheese (fabulous) and the casserole. The description of the casserole on the menu really undersells it. My salad was lovely as well.

I've been vegan for 9 years, vegetarian for 21 before that, but not raw vegan. I can really appreciate the time, work, and effort that goes into creating great raw vegan food. Wish I had an ecopolitan in my neighborhood!!

For dessert, we went downstairs to the oxygen bar!

Pros: Great Recipes, Organic Wine, Nice Location

Cons: a little funky edge (is that a con?)

A favorite, but could use some improvement. - Edit

I love Ecopolitain's all-raw vegan menu, and my experiences here have mostly been good. However, individual menu items can vary greatly depending on the day, season, and whoever is preparing your food. There's usually only one person waiting tables, and they may or may not be preparing some or all of your food as well, so service can be slow. The restaurant itself could be cleaner, and the kitchen could be tidier.

That said, I've never ordered food here that I didn't like. Raw food is an interesting concept to most people, and almost every non-vegan or raw person I've brought here to try it out has loved it and asked to come back with me. The only person who wasn't down was a young man who apparently couldn't stomach raw vegetables of any kind.

I recommend the falafel plate, sprouted hummus, and daily pies in particular. They have good take-away items as well, if you check out the fridge and dessert case.

Pros: Healthy, tasty food, All-vegan, all-raw, Unique atmosphere

Cons: Service can be slow, Varying skill of wait-staff and chefs, Iffy seating and facilies

Rarity - Great Raw, Organic, Vegan Food - Edit

Great imaginative menu items. In traveling from Detroit to the northwest, I make it a point to drive through Minneapolis during business hours, so that I can eat at the Ecopolitan. It's that good. Service has always been either great or good, but with this rare treat of a restaurant, who cares about the service? Even if my service had ever been less than good, the food is worth it. Not only is the food unbeatable, the fruit smoothies are the best anywhere. Try the soy milk, banana, almond, vanilla, date smoothie.

Raw at it's best! - Edit

My first raw experience was at Ecopolitan. I was in Minneapolis for 5 days and ate there twice. I was so amazed at what they could do with raw food. The fettucini alfredo is awesome, as well as the tosadas. Definitely worth the cost!

Pros: delicious, doesn't weigh you down

Green Burrito of Goodness! - Edit

Stopped into Ecopolitan on a trip down south. The food was fantastic and one of the best vegetarian meals we have had. The Green burrito was pretty amazing. The staff were excellent.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Location, Friendly Staff

Our favorite restaurant of all time - Edit

First, the food is excellent. The quality of the produce is unrivaled anywhere. I don't know how they source so many wonderful organic fruits and veggies year round, but we are never disappointed. If something isn't the best quality, they don't use it. Their recipes (even for the same dishes) are never the same, they change with the seasons to ensure that the quality is good. As far as the price, it is absolutely reasonable, if not a little low, for the quality and quantity of food that you get.

The flavors are unique, diverse, and exciting. I don't understand the person who thought everything tastes the same... must be a smoker or something.

As for the staff, well, it's an experience. Often times the waiter is the person who will be making your food (or at least helping to make it). But, it is slower. Don't expect fast food or chain restaurant speed. That said, service is always friendly and I'd rather have a thoughtful friendly wait person than a fast inattentive one. Oh, and I have never been someplace that is more accommodating to special requests.

Really, there's nothing bad to say. I have taken several meat eaters there, and everyone has left full and satisfied. Just go there with an open mind, and make yourself at home. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, it's a true gem of the cities.

Pros: Unique flavors, Excellent quality, Warm atmosphere

Cons: None, Everything is great

Interesting food, poor service - Edit

Ecopolitan is the only pure vegan (and raw) restaurant in Minneapolis, but it's a bit of a let-down. The food is interesting and fairly tasty from what I can tell (I'm not too experienced with raw cuisine), but I found many of the dishes to be indistinguishable from each other. They have a full menu of breakfast, lunch and dinner items with healthy desserts which creates a varied experience. Prices are slightly high ($10-14 range), but reasonable for the novelty value of the food. The service, while mostly friendly, is inattentive, slow and limited. You have to seat yourself and usually there is only one waiter for the whole room. Seating is limited. On a whole, I'm glad Ecopolitan is here, but it has room to improve.

Pros: Pure vegan, Varied menu, Hours

Cons: Service, Limited seating, A bit pricey

bad service, mediocre food - Edit

I don't think I've ever had service as bad as that at Ecopolitan. Fifteen minutes for a menu, fifteen more for a wine list, fifteen more for her to take our orders, a hour wait for our bottle of wine, more than that for our meals...all adding up to a dinner that was over three hours. They were out of many things on the menu, so we had to change our order numerous times. There were only two other tables, two people each.

Cons: service, food

Good food... - Edit

Saturday lunchtime visit here. The food was good -- the raw pizza comes on a delicious crackery crust; the casserole had a fascinating combination of tastes. Though there were only a handful of people there, we waited 15 minutes for a table, again for menus, and again for our order to be taken. 30 minutes later our server returned to announce that she'd forgotten to put in our order and forgotten what we'd ordered. When it came time to pay our bill we sought her out after waiting fifteen minutes for our card to be returned.

I understand that the food takes a while to prepare, but there's no excuse for such slow service. Go for the food, but be prepared for possibly a long wait.

Pros: interesting food, unique cuisine

Cons: slow service

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ecopolitan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 17414 times since Aug 2007.