Dimo's Pizza - Wicker Park

773-525-4580

1615 N Damen Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves both vegan pizza by the slice and whole vegan pizzas daily with a unique variety of toppings. Serves beer and speciality sodas. Free Wi-Fi. Previously known as Ian's Pizza. Has one other location in Chicago as of 12/13. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Pizza, Fast food, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by IantheVedge

The Argyle - Edit

The Argyle is the best pizza I have ever tasted. Peanut sauce base, Sriracha marinated tofu, cilantro, bean sprouts, fried onions, and Sriracha on top. Dimo's is my favorite pizza in Chicago, with Kitchen 17 being a close second.

great pizza! - Edit

i had a very tasty slice of vegan pizza here. while it's not chicago style, it's still thicker than thin crust - which i prefer. dough is just so yummi!
so happy to see vegan slices! even better: mine didn't have vegan cheese (i just never liked cheese in general), just tomato sauce and different veggies - great!
slice was huge so the price definitely alright.

Pros: vegan options!!!, thickness of dough, location

Tons of Vegan Options - Edit

Dimo's has quite a few vegan options which are clearly labeled on the menu. They have a ton of regulars as well as top notch seasonal choices. They also have vegan cheesy bread, brownies, and ranch sauce.

I highly recommend the seasonal pizza because they get creative with it. The best seasonal pizzas I've had so far: The Argyle (thai-inspired), The Elotes, and The Thanksgiving. Depending on the pizza, I will ask for extra vegan ranch sauce because there's a whole lotta crust on these pizzas and I use it for dipping. My favorite regular pizza is the Vegan Artichoke Heartthrob.

They load their pizzas up on the vegan cheese, so if you're not a fan make sure to order one that's made without it (they make it clear which ones have vegan cheese and which ones are more sauce-based).

If you order delivery, tip well! They generally use bike delivery so show them some appreciation.

Pros: tons of options, fast delivery

Great Place for Late (vegan) Pizza! - Edit

Dimo's upgraded it's veg-friendliness when it open the new location: Unlike the Clark location, Dimo's on Damen serves vegan slices daily!
Dimo's regular menu has vegan toppings like lasagna, mac'n cheeze, seitan taco, and barbecue french fry, and monthly specials like s'mores, Dandy pumpkin pie (both utilizing Chicago's own Dandy Vegan marshmallows), pierogi, and Italian stallion.
The staff is always friendly, and the late hours mean I can catch a midnight slice on my way home from work.
Vegan ranch means I can dip my pizza when I'm out just like before I went vegan, and root beer and wifi mean I go there instead of a coffee shop.

Pros: Vegan slices, Staff sensitive to vegan needs, Open late

Cons: Never enough bike parking, Music sometimes to loud for conversation

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dimo's Pizza - Wicker Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.