Die Rebellion des Zimtsterns

Contact 03061288898

Schlesische Str.38, Berlin-Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany, 10997

Organic bistro near U1 Schlesisches Tor. Daily changing menu with soups like carrot ginger coconut and main dishes such as jasmine rice with coconut ratatouille. Some of the regular menu items can be prepared vegan as well such as the salads and the grilled baguettes. Makes vegan cookies and cakes such as apple-cherry crumble or wholemeal-apple-plum cake. Accepts custom cake orders. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Bakery, European

First Review by wildfang

disappointing - Edit

Went there twice and was both times disappointed. They don't have many choices for vegans, and the vegan option is more expensive! I hate when you have to pay more for a vegan option, i think it's stupid, especially in a vegetarian place. One woman from the staff is very unfriendly. It was written on the board : cake+ ice cream 5 euros, vegan option possible. So i paid 5 euros. But when i got my cake and ice cream, the unfriendly woman told me they made a mistake and i had to pay 50 cents more for the vegan ice cream and she yelled at the waitress who maid the mistake. It's really not of goodwill. They have a great location and it's a cosy place but food doesn't worth it.

Unfriendly - Edit

Very unfriendly staff. I was there for a coffee but I decided to leave becuse the the girl working where unfriendly withot any reason to be so and I felt unconfortable staying after such a greeting. If you are looking for a yummy vegan coffee I would choose another place as there are plenty good ones nearby.

cake! - Edit

I had heard of this place before and remembered it through its name. As I had a little extra time before a gig at Lido I stopped here for a piece of cake. It was a chocolate cake with vanilla sauce and cherries. Incredibly delicious!!
We ended up having another piece of another plain chocolate cake and it was just as delicious.
Definitely a go-to place for vegan cake!!

nice place - Edit

I really like to go there for a lunch. Menu is not very long but all is fresh and tasts good. I usually take vegan 'gratin' but as last time it was it available I tried vegan 'plinse' and I loved it. Homemade cakes are also worthy to try.

Pros: fresh&tasty food, nice atmosphere , cakes!

Not all organic, not very delicious - Edit

Zutaten sind nicht alle Bio. Gerichte waren auch nicht so lecker und schön zubereitet, dafür einfach zu teuer. Ambiente nicht so toll, tische zu niedrig oder Stühle zu hoch. Bedienung war freundlich, ok.

Pros: vegan Options

Cons: Too Expensive, Not Best Quality Food, Many Non Organic Ingredients

There are better places. - Edit

The amount of vegan options in this place are certainly limited - none of the dishes of the day were vegan, few of the general dishes were. We decided to go for so-called Plinsen with mushroom paté, which was just some average paté you can buy anywhere and didn't taste of much, but the Plinsen itself was quite nice and came with a little salad - altogether for little more than 5€ which is not particularly cheap since it wasn't very filling.
We also ordered a "big" baguette au gratin - it was pretty small and just plain white baguette (so probably quite cheap) and cost around 4.5€ and all it featured was the same mushroom paté, one salad leaf, one piece of tomato and two or three pieces of onion - and boy, was it salty!

The fact that we had to wait for this for about 20 minutes didn't make it any better, either (others, who came after us, had received their food in between already).

There were two or three vegan dessert options out of which we chose the berry crumble. It looked nice but had already gone cold and thus was a bit disappointing as well.
What's more - the staff was somewhat indifferent, certainly not very friendly, never gave a smile at all.

Oh, and as many other places, they charge an extra 20 cents for drinks ordered with soya milk - I hate this sort of discrimination - you are punished by having to pay more because you care for the animals and the environment, and this even though they use the cheapest soya milk there is (BioBio soya milk from PLUS discount supermarket chain which costs 89 cents per litre).

I won't come back there as long as the service and vegan food selection and quality haven't improved.

Pros: nice atmosphere

Cons: slow and unfriendly service, expensive for non-organic food, extra charge for soya milk

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Die Rebellion des Zimtsterns closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.