Desert Rose Cafe

519-846-0433

130 Metcalfe St, Elora, Ontario, Canada, N0B 1S0

Serves meat, vegan options available. A pescatarian, gluten free harvest table cafe with a seasonal patio, catering, cooking classes, an event space, holiday baking, ready meals, soups to go, and gift certificates. Also have an award-winning cookbook. Open Wed-Thu 11:00am-3:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-7:30pm, Sun 11:00am-3:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by newvegguy

Increadible!! Secret gem!! - Edit

I'd give 5 stars if I could - the site only allows max 4 stars for non vegetarian restaurants. Stumbled across this unbelievable food haven by luck of the draw - went to the nearest restaurant the app suggested -- and seriously, Wow. The fresh spring rolls are divine!! The humus is divine! My salad was fantastic! Both my friend and I were blown away. We ordered more food just for the drive back. Seriously recommend.

unfriendly slow - Edit

Resteraunt is out dated, like walking into a hoarders kitchen, you will be ignored

Pros: tasty

Cons: -unfriendly cold and took a long time to get alrea

Such a Cute Spot! - Edit

I went to Elora today and was surprised to find Desert Rose Cafe! Their menu is clearly marked vegan, dairy free, and gluten free. My fiancé and I sat out on the back patio, and enjoyed a great afternoon snack! We ordered two house-made iced teas (slightly cinnamon-y!), the Quick Fix, and Salad Spring Rolls. Very impressed. All the food tasted really good and I loved the iced tea. The staff were very friendly, and one of them even told me some of the history of the place. I would definitely go back.

Pros: Menu is clearly marked, Decent variety of vegan dishes, Located right downtown in beautiful Elora

Cons: Not great for large groups

A Great Place But NOT 100% Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten Free - Edit

We visit Elora regularly and eat at this restaurant quite often so it pains me to be the one to say the description of this restaurant is a little misleading.
They do serve a salmon spiral appetizer as well as many items containing eggs, cheese and dairy products so to indicate in the restaurant description that they are 100% Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten Free is absolutely wrong.
In fact, it is adviseable to check with the server before ordering any dish that you might think is vegan. Quite often after checking with the chef, the item is vegetarian but not vegan.
Having said all that, the food is excellent, prices are fair and they have a lovely private patio at the back of the resturant.
We really like this place and will continue to return.
I just wanted to clarify the issue with the description.

Pros: Great food, Nice Patio, Serve wine and beer

Cons: Not completely vegetarian, Indoor harvest tables instead of private tables

Return to Elora Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Desert Rose Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.