CLOSED: De Eetstee

• Vegetarian

Contact +31-03-4799339

Zuidsingel 66, Amersfoort, Netherlands, 3811 HD

Offers changing seasonal menus. Trendy, minimal design. DEC 2015 REPORTED SHUT FB GONE. Kitchen closes 21.30, closed Sun-Mon.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, European, Gourmet

First Review by Radio_Caroline

Nice restaurant for Amersfoort - Edit

That was really hard to find any vegan chooses in Amersfoort, but De eetstee nice restaurant for Amersfoort.
Interesting design, warm blood and helpful stuff, delicious desserts.
There is just one negative thing; portions are small.

Pros: Friendly stuff, Delicious dessert

Cons: Small portion

Great food in modern setting - Edit

It's been a real treat having dinner here! It was quite difficult to choose from the menu, so we both ordered different things so we could taste each other's dishes. All of them were excellent and original, really fresh, and good-sized portions (three courses was more than I could eat), with a nice wine to top it all up. The place was rather packed when we were there, so it was sometimes difficult to draw the waiter's attention, but when he was there he was very friendly and informative. The description here says 'expensive' but I don't find it more expensive than other Dutch restaurants, especially given the quality of the food.

Pros: High quality food, Original dishes, Reasonable price

Cons: Can be rather busy

Just great! - Edit

We didn't know when we booked, but De Eetstee just received a price: best vegetarian restaurant in The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg, awarded by Gault & Millau.

I can understand the judges. The food was perfect. The staff is very friendly. I ordered juice, and they prepare every glass fresh. For example: apple, pear and cinnamon or carrot, orange and ginger. They serve different kinds of special biological beers, and whines off course. Lots of vegan options. There is an English menu on their web site.

The quality of the food is really great. Very subtle tastes. Nice and original combinations. And the price is very good. You also pay 8 to 9 euro for a starter and around 18 euro for a main course in other 'normal' restaurants in The Netherlands. And in these places the food is just average.

The city of Amersfoort is really worth the visit by the way. I'm from Holland myself, and I never visited before. Beautiful old city, nice restaurants en cafes, lots of things to do. If you visit, you can enjoy yourself for three days or even more. And if I were you, I would book this restaurant every evening :-)
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 19, 2014

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Good prices

Cons: None that I could find.

Excellent indeed! - Edit

I believe "excellent" is the right description for his place. Professional and friendly service and wonderful food, also for vegans. Indeed a bit pricey, but it's worth it! 5 cows!

Pros: Great food, Good choices also for vegans, Friendly + professional staff

Excellent quality food & hospitality - Edit

This restaurant is definitely worth visiting the city of Amersfoort for! Cute restaurant on the outside, modern design on the inside (outside seating available as well). Amazing food, both from the changing (season) 3- or 4 course menu, as well from the fixed menu. High quality vegetarian dining, with lot of vegan options. Local and homemade. The staff was very nice to us, informing us thoroughly, but also chatting informal with us. I felt very welcome and will definitely go back!

Pros: Staff, Food, Homemade food

Nice restaurant for special occasions - Edit

Had a 3-course meal here on Valentine's Day. They had a nice Valentine's Day special, but we chose vegan items of their regular menu. Tasted great. The staff is not that quick (the restaurant was completely full though), but they are really friendly. The portions are on the small side, but not extremely small.

Pros: nice food, they use a variety of vegetables, nice interior

Cons: pricey, not so many vegan options, prepare to wait a while

Always excellent! - Edit

We have been here at least ten times so far in the last couple of years and it's always a treat! The menu changes every season and there are always surprising meals with combinations of ingredients you would never think of yourself.
Nice fresh juices of the day, friendly staff and if the weather is good you can sit outside.
Atmosphere might be called cold, but I prefer to call it stylish.
Absolutly fabulous food!

And on a personal note, I love the peanutsoup!

Pros: excellent food, surprising combinations, friendly staff

peanut soup air spoiled my evening - Edit

As I am suffering from a peanut allergy and peanut soup happened to be the main soup the particular evening I was there, I didn't really enjoy my stay, because of allergic urges in the peanutty air. Also this restaurant is too stylish/cold and expensive for my taste. My wife did enjoy her food, but also didn't like the "cold" atmosphere. The portions are not that large. These are just personal considerations. If you like a stylish, more expensive vegetarian restaurant, this is probably a good choice for you. I hope Amersfoort will have some more vegetarian restaurants, since this is the only one yet in this city and I will probably not visit there again.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 28, 2012

Pros: food quality is good

Cons: peanut soup, allergy warning!, cold atmosphere, small portions/expensive

Eating at the Eetstee November 2011 - Edit

Nice large restaurant situated in the centre of Amersfoort. Friendly, informative staff. Food was tasty with plenty of choice. Polenta based pie was fantastic. Peanutsoup very delicately spiced.
Dishes artistically presented in fancy style. Fair choice for Vegans.

Pros: Good food, Vegan Friendly, Fair price

Vegetarian feast just around the corner! - Edit

As this is the only all vegetarian restaurant in AAmersfoort, and just around the corner from where I live, this is a favourite.
Not the expected decor for a vegetarian restaurant with it's modern, chrome and minimalistic interior, but I consider that a good thing. I've been here twice now, last time (feb 24th) to celebrate our birthdays. The staff is always very friendly and very professional. The amuses are very surprising and the other dishes are great. It might be a little pricy, but it well worth it. I recommended it to my non-vegetarian boss, and she was very enthousiastic about it. Plenty of different dishes, from Asian to Swiss spätzli.
The menu always include some vegan meals and changes every three months. I like this concept because this means you have seasonal products, which I think represent the local produce as most products served here are organic.
Before the spring menu is replaced by the summer menu on June 21th, I will surely visit again.

Pros: Beautiful and delicious food, Friendly staff and service, Good atmosphere

Return to Amersfoort Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: De Eetstee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2746 times since May 2009.