Daigo

03-34310811

2 Chome-3-1 Atago, Minato, Tokyo, Japan, 105-0002

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cooking style is Kaiseki, which uses fish ingredients. Vegetarians to ask for items without fish stock. At 東京都港区愛宕2-4-2. Michelin rated 2-star cuisine.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by meme

a good journey - Edit

My husband and I came here as part of our honeymoon in japan, so we really balled out. This is a restaurant with 2 Michelin stars, so expect to pay for it. We had a private room to ourselves overlooking a beautiful lit garden. The food was beyond anything I could even describe. We had the orchid Keiseki which was something like 15 courses and I thought I was going to explode after about the 10th. Even the fruit course was incredible. The service was stellar and we were taken on a private lantern lit tour of the temple complex on our way out. This was a very romantic and wonderful experience, but not one to be had often. This is a once in a lifetime type meal. We are both vegetarians and started eating fish in japan as it is very difficult not to, so we were able to eat everything here, but please note that some items are cooked with fish broth despite this being called a vegetarian restaurant. It is not clearly labeled anywhere what is and is not cooked with fish broth and the staff spoke little English.

Upscale Japanese vegetarian experience - Edit

This is an experience. It's a 2-star Michelin restaurant, so price is expectedly high, but if you want something classy, unique, vegetarian and Japanese, this is it. Service is excellent and some of the staff speak English. Food is good and pretty, though not necessarily the best I've had in Japan. But I think you go here more for the athmosphere.
Reservation is a must and you have to tell which menu you want on the phone (can be found on their webpage). When we called there was no-one who spoke English so we had to ask a Japanese friend to call for us.
The restaurant itself is almost impossible to find. It is inside a residence building, next to a temple. Just go looking where the map shows at the time of your reservation and there will be someone waiting for you. Then they will take you behind the corner and to the second floor where the magic begins.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Daigo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2058 times.