Cock-A-Doodle-Doo

• Bakery Bakery
    ( 1 review )
+1-647-773-8783

830 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6G 1M2

Gluten-free bakeshop making breads and pastries which are soy-free, corn-free, refined sugars free, dairy-free. Has vegan options. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-7:00pm, Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

1 Review

First Review by maulydaft

maulydaft

Points +452

07 Aug 2018

Gluten eaters will be happy... - Edit

First, I am not gluten free but I've eaten a lot of gluten free baked goods in my time. They are hit or miss. Mostly miss, but when it's a choice of no vegan dessert or gluten free vegan dessert, I will give it a go :)

Second, I love the offerings Toronto now has for vegan sweets eaters. We are finally getting what other cities have had for 10 or 15 years. Variety is a LITTLE disappointing, just in that everyone's going for decadent chocolate or deep fried heart stoppers (or raw, which I rarely eat.) [censored]-A-Doodle-Doo offers something no one else has - delicate, fresh, European kind of pastries. Not overloaded with sugar and with a focus on fruit.

I'm actually more of "if it's chocolate and peanut butter I'll stuff it down my gullet" kind of dessert eater but I went into Doodle with an open mind. Although not entirely vegan, there was a good vegan selection. And I was thoroughly impressed with my nectarine tart.

You know how it's become cliche to say you've put "love" into your food item? Well Doodle DOES. I was transported to France, eating this delicate, simple, flavour bursting treat. No hint of "gluten free" in my mouth at all.

I don't know why I'm the first to review - they have been open for quite some time. It just means you need to go and support them!

Pros: gluten free doesn't taste gluten free, original and different for T.O.

Comment avatar

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cock-A-Doodle-Doo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.