CLOSED: CNR Cafe

• Veg-friendly

Contact 08-92288861

44 Lake St, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, 6003

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe, restaurant, coffee bar, and beer garden. Makes some raw and vegan food, nut milks, smoothies, fresh juices, nut cheese, and raw desserts. Offers raw food and vegan food preparation classes. OCT 2015 REPORTED SHUT CONFIRMED BY ITS WEB MSSG.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by cseneque

My favourite cafe in the Perth CBD - Edit

I love Cnr Kitchen and I always bring my out of town friends here. The coffee is amazing (especially the bullet proof iced-coffee) and the food is fantastic.

The staff are always super welcoming too.

Pros: Great food, Great coffee, Good value

Cons: Not open 7 days :(

Vegan Big Breakfast - Edit

Really enjoyed the vegan menu options here. It's not a completely vegan restaurant which has its pluses because at least you can go with meat eaters and both order something satisfying. I had the vegan big breakfast on this occaision which was a good size with a good variety. It was served with some sort of cashew butter/cream which was delicious.

Their values match their signature food!! - Edit

Their target market is paleo and also vegan. Their vegan food and drinks are insanely tasty!! Their vegan cooked breakfast is a must try! and lunch vegan raw pasta is also delicious!

Enquire about their "Suspended" service. This is where you can give as little as some loose change or as much as paying for a coffee or meal for someone who is in need of a kind gesture. They are very passionate about this unique service; ask inside for more details.

Big thumbs up!

Pros: Vegan options a thumbs up!!, Inviting, Signature home made food

Great spot for breakfast! - Edit

I walked for 30 mins from my hotel to get to this cafe for breakfast after reading some of the reviews below - and it didn't disappoint!

The staff were friendly, and the Big Vegan Breakfast, while not huge, was perfectly proportioned and portioned to keep me going all morning without feeling too full. There was a nice relaxed atmosphere, and it was clearly popular with some of the local cycling community too!

It's set back a little from the road, so look out for it carefully or you'll miss it, like I did the first time I walked past!

Definitely recommended!

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly staff, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: A little hidden - look carefully!

Great Food // Lovely Staff - Edit

Been here a lot & at varying times.

There's a handful of vegan options, all of them are really freaking good.

Big Vegan b/fast is a fave [shrooms/hashie balls/beans/macadamia feta/toast/tomatoes/toast] ...I always get a side of avo too

Fruit toast is next level, even have Nuttalex to boot.

Have Vegan Chai also [staff were amazing today, letting me know - it's amazing good too!

Relaxed, chill vibe,- quite busy on w/ends

Pros: Food is consistently delicious, Vibe & decor, Nuttalex & Vegan Chai!

Worth going to - Edit

I went here for breakfast in Jan 2013. I finally have found a decent vegan breakfast! I had the vegan breakfast which came with beans, hashbrowns, mushrooms, tomato, toast and nut cheese made from macadamias. Well worth the $19 I payed for it because it was soooo filling.

Unlike many restaurants/cafes the staff actually knew what vegans were and what they could and could not eat. This was such a nice relief because usually when I go out I end up having to explain what I can eat etc. After my meal I wanted a chai latte so I asked the waiter if their chai latte stuff was vegan. He didn't even need to check this packaging and said no because it would have milk solids in it. So he then offered to make a vegan one for me by crushing some chai spices and mixing it with agave. It was amazing!!! but really I am just surprised at how they really strive to cater for everyone. This is how all restaurants should be.

They also have vegan nachos featuring some more nut cheese as well as some raw vegan granola. Some decent smoothies made from almond milk looked temtping. You can also choose between soy or almond milk so it's perfect for people who don't like soy. There could be more vegan meal options but considering it is not even a vegan only restaurant they sure impress.

Pros: Knowledgeable Staff, Tasty food (not bland), Good location

Cons: They sell meat

Vegan All-Day Breakfast - Edit

The vegan breakfast at CNR cafe is delicious. You get your choice of toast, mushrooms, tomato, homemade beans, sliced potato, onion relish, and a macadamia peppery soft 'cheese' (a highlight). Definitely worth checking out.

Pros: Excellent food, Breakfast served all day, Raw and soy-free options available

Cons: On the small side, so avoid busy times, No vegan desserts

Return to Perth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: CNR Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2246 times since Oct 2011.