China Panda

Contact 804-355-6888

616 N Sheppard St (at Park Ave), Richmond, Virginia, USA, 23221

Serves meat, vegan options available. Features a separate vegetarian (vegan) menu. Be sure to clearly ask chef to leave out any fish oil, and non-vegetarian sauces.

Category: Chinese, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by OrganicJes

BEWARE THE MOCK MEATS & TERRIBLE SERVICE - Edit

I posted the full review on my Google Plus page and both locations Facebook and Google review pages.

I'd be careful ordering from here. We don't know what kind of sauces are being used or cross contamination is happening, if some of the mock meat is mixed with regular meat or what is going on and I really don't trust this place!! Make your own judgment but don't expect any real information to be handed out to you.

And the cooks and workers obviously don't care enough.

I am going to find somewhere I can take some of the meal I had today to see if it is real meat, if there is a way to test that. And contact whoever is associated with the FDA and food inspection to investigate this store ASAP.

Easiest thing is just to eat at home!!
Be safe, not sorry.

Truly the most disappointing and awful experience.

Cons: Lies

good bad Chinese food - Edit

Yes the lady who owns the place is cold. Food is not amazing but if you're vegan and craving bad Chinese food, this is the place to go hands down. Their vegan options are pretty extensive. They're closed on Tuesdays

Not worth it! - Edit

For those of you who wrote to "ignore the bad reviews", I say "DO NOT IGNORE THE BAD REVIEWS" ! It's true, the customer service STINKS! I was searching for a vegan restaurant in the Richmond area so I decided to check it out. As a first time customer who just walked into the restaurant, I was greeted with an extremely rude and disrespectful woman with a bad attitude when I questioned her about the way their food was prepared. I chose to overlook the rundown looking place hoping that the customer service and food would be somewhat exceptional, but it wasn't even close to being average. I am sorely disappointed and would never recommend anybody to give people like this their business. It's a good idea to find another go to vegan/vegetarian joint who deserve your business. Just my 2 cents.

Gross - Edit

Very sticky and used to be vegan but now sells meat!

Cons: Sticky, Salty, Unhealthy/MSG

bijinda 09 Jun 2011 - China Panda has never been 100% vegetarian or vegan. You are probably confusing China Panda with Panda Veg (now Panda Garden) on Harrison St.

best chinese mock meat in town. - Edit

You know how most chinese mock meat rocks your stomach a bit? Surprisingly China Panda has found a way to lessen the sway. Its less greasy and taste wonderful. Its also nice that they have a separate veggie menu.
As for trusting its vegan authintisity. I have had a few friends, who were vegans, work there and give it the ok.

Pros: large veggie selection, fast delivery, open until midnight

Cons: not a sit down environment, get it to go

Crustaceans 02 Mar 2009 - My recommendations.
The mock orange chicken
sesame mock beef
3 curry mock meat

...Id stay clear of the mock seafood if you have never had it before. Takes some getting used to.

Return to Richmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has China Panda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.