CLOSED: Chin Chin Palace

718-698-2223

1756 Forest Ave (at Richmond Ave), Staten Island, New York, USA, 10303

Serves meat, vegan options available. A typical Chinese takeout place with some tables for eating in. Offers an extensive vegan menu. Located at the back corner of a shopping center between a 99 cents store and a video game store. Reported closed to HappyCow, Aug 2015.

Categories: Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by RichBeBe

Sort of Let Down - Edit

In my early twenties (circa 2000-2003) I used to love to eat at Chin Chin's. They had a separate vegetarian menu back then. The prices were reasonable and the food was not bad.

I recently went back after having not eaten there in about 7 years. They got rid of their separate menu. Every vegetarian entree is $10.95 (a bit expensive for such a casual place). I got the chicken and black bean sauce. Whatever substitute chicken product they are using is very thin and flimsy. The food was very greasy and underwhelming.

It was disappointing.

Pros: vegetarian options

Cons: expensive , bad quality

Almost Worth the Trip - Edit

I loathe Staten Island (sorry for those who live there and love it) mostly because of the traffic, but my mother lives there so I go often. When I do I always stop at Chin Chin, they have the best vegan Chinese food in the city. Not sure what it is they do, but others should do it. Real standouts to me are the wontons in sesame sauce, General Tso "Chicken" which is the best period, beef chow fun is awesome, the only thing I am not a fan of is some of the "shrimp" or "fish" dishes, but that might be a personal thing. Also love their tofu crepe, it is like a vegetable egg roll wrapped in tofu skin and fried. Amazing but very greasy!
Though they do not say so they will give you vegan versions of their lunch specials for the same price which are a real bargain.

Pros: Amazing mock meats, Flavorful sauces, Nice staff

Cons: Staten Island, Staten Island, Staten Island

RichBeBe 31 Jul 2015 - Sadly I cannot downgrade my stars, but as the other reviewer sad, they went downhill and I no longer go there.
Food quality went down and the prices when up

Return to Staten Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Chin Chin Palace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.