Centoecento Veg

Contact 03429819151

Via Centotrecento 12/a, Bologna, Italy, 40126

Vegetarian fried and cookery, veggie sandwiches, organic craft beer and other drinks. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 6:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Alessandro

A personal favourite - Edit

Been here a few times now, I can safely say I like it a lot! Everything is vegan and they have a very interesting menu, not only the same old boring vegan Burger. I loved both the Focaccia and the wrap but maybe the ingredients change from season to season

Pros: Wrap

Cons: Very cheap - a focaccia is 4,90€ and a wrap 5,90€

back-street crawling pays dividends - Edit

A great place to grab a burger and a beer if you're a footsore vegan who's had it up to there with 'culture'. Cheap and tasty food and popular with students (the uni is just round the corner), this is a real find- fast food that is vegetarian or vegan and that tastes GOOD!

Pros: Fast food that is not junk, Friendly, helpful service, Good 'artisan' beer

Cons: You'll need a map to find it., Limited seating- hardly their fault

best place for vegans/vegetarians in Bologna - Edit

I really liked this small takeaway sandwich shop, centrally located in the university area.
The food was excellent, mostly prepared with bio ingredients.
I've been there several times and so I could taste many sandwiches and snacks filled by delicious and creamy sauces accompaining seitan burgers,tempeh, vegan hot dog..... delicious.
Recently they have expanded the menu with
other vegan specialties like Pannella, the traditional Sicilian chickpea fritters, and indian potato Tikki, and "Polpettine di pane vegan".
And to wash it all down drink "White dog beer": is a friendly advice!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, inexpensive

Cons: outdoor seating

Poor. - Edit

Tasteless sauces, poorly prepared pickles and onions, dull fake meats. Given the quality, quite expensive. Slow and disinterested service.

It's probably worth noting it was here I ate the absolute worst hot dog of my life. I'd give that hotdog a 0/10. Everything else I tasted from there was just poor, but that hotdog blew my mind.

Also had to go there five times before it was actually open during the listed opening hours.
Updated from previous review on Friday November 22, 2013

Cons: Tasteless. , Expensive., Never open.

2 Responses

marta atram 02 Dec 2013 - I wonder why you wrote such a perfid review of Centitrecentoveg. Of course personal tastes are not questionable, but you cannot say it's never open : I eat there very often ( and with much satisfaction ) and it's always been open in the working hours : do you know there is a pause in the afternoon between 3,30 and 6,30 ? I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy the good food of this place..

Soybean 11 Apr 2014 - Hi Marta,

It's quite plainly written in the review my reasons for negativity - poor food, poor service, high price and not being open when it says it's supposed to be (thanks for helping out by relisting the closing hours, which has nothing to do with what I wrote in the review - which is that it has been closed when it's listed as being open).

As you can see by my other reviews I'm quite liberal at handing out positive ratings when I think they're deserved. You, on the other hand, have reviewed one restaurant on HappyCow - and then leaped to that place's defence when I gave a negative review, and attempted to mitigate what I said about it.

So I assume you own, work at Centoecento or are friends with the people who do.

Good idea! - Edit

I ate there yesterday. It was such a surprise to find this place. I lived in bologna for 6 years and I always thought it could be a good idea to open a place like this. So if you want to it something quickly but tasty Cento3Cento is the right place! I had a vegan hot dog with French fries and everything was good, tasty and cheap!

Pros: Cheap

Cons: No sits inside

at least a genuine veg & vegan place in Bologna - Edit

Really happily surprised by the good taste, fantasy and home-like cooking ! Bravo!
at least a vegetarian/vegan food that doesn't look and taste like a penance, on the contrary it is highly enjoyable .
Highly recommended.

Pros: good taste, homely made, cheap price

Create your own sandwich - Edit

Cento3cento is a small takeaway sandwich shop for vegetarians and vegans. You can choose your vegan bread and the ingredients: roasted and fresh veggies, mushrooms, seitan burgers, tofu, organic cheese and creamy sauces including tempeh, hummus, tzatziki, basil pesto. You can find also vegetable croquettes and panelle, the popular Sicilian chickpea flour fritters.

Pros: inexpensive

Cons: outdoor seating

Return to Bologna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Centoecento Veg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.